Razer Game Booster

eriahers

Question

I wish I could remember exactly where I read about this; I was buried in this wiki earlier today trying to tweak my performance and stumbled upon a reference to using the Razer Game Booster.

My questions:

- Has anyone tested this and confirmed it to be performance-enhancing (~snicker~) while not breaking anything?

- Can someone tell me how launching the game from the booster program will work if the game needs to be launched via SKSE initially?

- I'm not sure if this is an installation problem, but can anyone tell me why I can't add a game to the launcher via the add game button, right clicking and selecting "add game," or even dragging and dropping a game into the launcher?

I apologize if this post isn't in the correct forum and any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 answers to this question

I use game booster on my laptop and I never launch skyrim via it. I just activate gaming mode and then launch skyrim.

I have therefore never had the same issues you have. I'ld suggest to just use it the way I do. If using ATTK remember to set gamebooster to "Set Exempt".

Oh, and don't hope that the gameboost value (usually 40%) is going to be even close to that high in skyrim. I just think this is a nice addition to ATTK and I do need loads of performance for my laptop :-)

Check out this thread for performance related tweaks (a little outdated, since Skyrim Flora Overhaul gets updated that often - and STEP nowadays as well xD)

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=1873

I use it, though I don't detect any performance improvements.  It's a convenient way to shut down unneeded services before gaming, which seems like a good practice.

What I would recommend is that you use an older version, before it became Razer Game Booster.  It has become hideously bloated, forcing you to sign up for an online account and log in before you can use it, doing god-knows-what tracking, and generally being a piece of software that's not welcome on my PC.  Version 3.4, prior to the Razer take over, seems OK.

I use it, though I don't detect any performance improvements.  It's a convenient way to shut down unneeded services before gaming, which seems like a good practice.

What I would recommend is that you use an older version, before it became Razer Game Booster.  It has become hideously bloated, forcing you to sign up for an online account and log in before you can use it, doing god-knows-what tracking, and generally being a piece of software that's not welcome on my PC.  Version 3.4, prior to the Razer take over, seems OK.

That's what I use, too.

Excellent information guys.  I've been debating about using ATTK as well and now I'm a bit more inclined to do so.

Thanks for the quick responses :D

EDIT: Just read through the description for ATTK on the nexus... I may have to go with the light version lol. I'd love to be able to set everything exactly as I need it; but I'm no where near tech savvy and I got lost a few times just reading that front page.

It's easier than you think. Use the full version and press all the buttons on the GUI, then you know what's what and what they are talking about on the descriptions page. Don't mess around with the real settings though for timeout etc. unless you really know what you're doing.