Can not read index data from DynDOLOD_Tamriel

Zarvax

Question

I originally followed GamerPoets tutorial (which I am noticing is a trend around here). I am using Vortex, and yes I've read through the original instructions, and countless forums and threads trying to figure how to solve the issue described in the title. Yes, I know I have to be outside to be able to turn DynDOLOD on, but no matter what I do it stays an untickable box.

ScreenShot1.png

5 answers to this question

14 hours ago, Zarvax said:

I originally followed GamerPoets tutorial (which I am noticing is a trend around here). I am using Vortex, and yes I've read through the original instructions, and countless forums and threads trying to figure how to solve the issue described in the title. Yes, I know I have to be outside to be able to turn DynDOLOD on, but no matter what I do it stays an untickable box.

ScreenShot1.png

See the posting rules at top level of this forum to know what logs and information you will need to provide for assistance.

17 hours ago, Zarvax said:

ScreenShot1.png

You did not pay attention to the in game messages. The DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM shows the last one:
"Can not read index data from DynDOLOD_Tamriel..."

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ
DynDOLOD could/can not read/find * DynDOLOD* does not belong to these DynDOLOD plugins
Make sure SKSE and DynDOLOD DLL or PapyrusUtil are installed correctly, see DynDOLOD requires DynDOLOD.DLL or PapyrusUtil above.
Make sure the *.[json|txt] data files in the SKSE subfolder of the DynDOLOD output and the DynDOLOD plugins are in sync from the same generation process. Check the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Information page in the game that all plugins and files have the same bunch of numbers.
Make sure the *.[json|txt] data files in the SKSE subfolder of the DynDOLOD output are in the load order and can be read. In case DynDOLOD DLL is used, check the c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\[Skyrim|Skyrim Special Edition|Skyrim VR]\SKSE\DynDOLOD.log for errors.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

You did not pay attention to the in game messages. The DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM shows the last one:
"Can not read index data from DynDOLOD_Tamriel..."

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ
DynDOLOD could/can not read/find * DynDOLOD* does not belong to these DynDOLOD plugins
Make sure SKSE and DynDOLOD DLL or PapyrusUtil are installed correctly, see DynDOLOD requires DynDOLOD.DLL or PapyrusUtil above.
Make sure the *.[json|txt] data files in the SKSE subfolder of the DynDOLOD output and the DynDOLOD plugins are in sync from the same generation process. Check the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Information page in the game that all plugins and files have the same bunch of numbers.
Make sure the *.[json|txt] data files in the SKSE subfolder of the DynDOLOD output are in the load order and can be read. In case DynDOLOD DLL is used, check the c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\[Skyrim|Skyrim Special Edition|Skyrim VR]\SKSE\DynDOLOD.log for errors.

DynDOLOD Plugin 2.45.0 for Skyrim Script Extender 64 2.2.2 for Skyrim Special Edition 1.6.640.0
Reading file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_worlds.txt
Reading file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_Tamriel.txt
Reading file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Objects.txt

This is the output from the Log you mentioned at the end. I noticed that in my SKSE plugins folder has no .json data files, it only has the DynDOLOD.dll in it, only the one from the output has text data files.

11 minutes ago, Zarvax said:

DynDOLOD Plugin 2.45.0 for Skyrim Script Extender 64 2.2.2 for Skyrim Special Edition 1.6.640.0
Reading file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_worlds.txt
Reading file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_Tamriel.txt
Reading file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Objects.txt

This is the output from the Log you mentioned at the end. I noticed that in my SKSE plugins folder has no .json data files, it only has the DynDOLOD.dll in it, only the one from the output has text data files.

All the long numbers in the information menu are the same, and DynDOLOD_Tamriel does have data in it.

6 hours ago, Zarvax said:

All the long numbers in the information menu are the same, and DynDOLOD_Tamriel does have data in it.

A data file not having any lines in it is a problem.

We still have no idea what DynDOLOD version you are using. You didn't upload any DynDOLOD logs. See top of https://stepmodifications.org/forum/forum/101-dyndolod-xlodgen-support/ and https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum
If you are participating in the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha test, see https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17510-dyndolod-300-alpha-106/ 

Do not install the game into special Windows folders like Programs Files x86 to avoid issues with UAC, antivir etc. Any modding guide should have instructions.