Overclocking and Skyrim Performance Monitor

Phyriel

Question

Hey guys, I've lately overclocked my graphic card since it seems all the stutters begin no matter what i do whenever i start to reach my VRAM borders. The problem is tho that Skyrim Performance Monitor just detects my graphic card and measure things up to a retail, fabric settings so it still shows just 1024 vram while in fact its 1150 overclocked. Any ideas on how to manually tell SPM to use my overclocked values or maybe there is some other utility that would measure and show in game my current VRAM usage according to overclocked values?

8 answers to this question

You can't increase the amount of physical VRAM by overclocking. You might be able to slightly reduce stuttering by increasing the memory clock frequency, but the bottom line is that you will still run into this kind of issues unless you reduce the textures resolution, screen resolution or MSAA/SSAA, depending on what you use.

Oh yea that seems logic, btw another question would be: if I use RadeonPro tool that has built in overclocking tool but lacks voltage control so i have it disabled completely, does it disable also OC i've done using different software? should i just enable it and set a values i used in my overclocking? And also theres an option in Advanced Tab "Flip Queue Size" - from what it says it reduce stuttering but may introduce mouse lag - does it also affects fps? Basicly my game behave like this... i limit FPS to 58 to it is around 40-58 most of the times... in big fights that it drop down to 28-35 but i get the stuttering before i drop down to somethin lower... my simple mind would tell me that my fps would've to drop waay lower before stuttering (VRAM overloaded, processing queued), like to 10 or somethin? Whats the logic here... I still got a fluent vision and stable fps yet stuttering is already here.