I can't preform step two for setting up DynDOLOD with Open Cities mod

RUUUNNN_AWAYYY

Question

I hope this is the right place for this question, if not feel free to delete (but point me in the direction where it would belong! lol)

I was following the manual for getting Open Cities Mod to work with DynDOLOD. I followed through with step one and I'm stuck on step two.

When I follow the file path: "...DynDOLOD/edit scripts/DynDOLOD/DynDOLOD_[Game mode].ini" This is is completely missing from the list of INI files. I cannot edit something that isn't there and I can't figure out where to go from here.

Someone please help me with this. I'm new to this level of modding so I want to make sure I understand everything I'm doing and why I'm doing it. When i hit a road block like this I have no idea where to go. I've posted this on reddit and now I'm here.

SEND HELP!

2 answers to this question

For people having a https://xkcd.com/979/ moment:

..DynDOLOD/Docs/DynDOLOD_Manual.html
Configuration files and settings use the game mode as identifier. It is TES5 for Skyrim, SSE for both Skyrim Special Edition and Skyrim VR, ENDERAL for any Enderal version. Throughout the documentation substitute the 'x' like in xEdit.exe or the [GAMEMODE] like in 'DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE].ini' with the current game mode.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Game-Mode
The term [GAME MODE] if used like DynDOLOD_[GAME MODE].ini means DynDOLOD_TES5.ini or DynDOLOD_SSE.ini for example.

In both the offline and online version of the manual the term [GAME MODE] can be hovered or clicked for more information.

Windows also hides file extension by default. Enabling to show them should be one of the first steps after OS installation or any modding guide to be honest.

• Like 2