how to disable/ fix reachmossmountaincover lod?

teadude

Question

have a strange bug where reachmossmountaincover lods are very big and stick out, and when  i get closer they disappear / pop out of view.

ive tried a mod that gives them a blank mesh nif but this doesnt affect the lod, and when i edit reachmountainmoss lod dds and erase the textures of it, when i regen dyndolod they show up as black squares in place.

is there a way to disable reachmossmountaincover lods? or give them an empty texture?

14 answers to this question

What DynDOLOD version are you using?

Provide actual information, like the based record form id,  the full model .nif filename the actual LOD billboard texture *.dds filename.

Read the DynDOLOD documentation to learn how it works. For example, do not install billboards for things if you do not want them to have billboard LOD.

36 minutes ago, sheson said:

What DynDOLOD version are you using?

Provide actual information, like the based record form id,  the full model .nif filename the actual LOD billboard texture *.dds filename.

Read the DynDOLOD documentation to learn how it works. For example, do not install billboards for things if you do not want them to have billboard LOD.

i am using dyndolod 2.97

i dont know where the actual mesh for the lod is located but i do know it is the lod for reachmountainmosscover07.nif to 11

i am using hd lods texture for se.

39 minutes ago, teadude said:

i am using dyndolod 2.97

i dont know where the actual mesh for the lod is located but i do know it is the lod for reachmountainmosscover07.nif to 11

i am using hd lods texture for se.

The vanilla game and DynDOLOD do not contain any LOD assets for reachmountainmosscover*.nif

There most likely won't be a LOD model, only billboard dds/txt, for examplereachmountainmosscover07_000e9622.txt and reachmountainmosscover07_000e9622.dds etc. installed by a mod. Yes, could be HD LODs. Delete those billboard files. Then generate LOD.

58 minutes ago, sheson said:

The vanilla game and DynDOLOD do not contain any LOD assets for reachmountainmosscover*.nif

There most likely won't be a LOD model, only billboard dds/txt, for examplereachmountainmosscover07_000e9622.txt and reachmountainmosscover07_000e9622.dds etc. installed by a mod. Yes, could be HD LODs. Delete those billboard files. Then generate LOD.

when i tried regening the lods are now blank squares in place of the original billboards.

LOD can only be generated for LOD assets that exist in the load order. If the billboard txt and dds files are removed, then there should be nothing generated at all - as is the default.

Try to provide actual information, like what it is you found or what you actually changed before generating LOD again from scratch.

What type of tree LOD are you generating?

Upload the DynDOLOD log.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

LOD can only be generated for LOD assets that exist in the load order. If the billboard txt and dds files are removed, then there should be nothing generated at all - as is the default.

Try to provide actual information, like what it is you found or what you actually changed before generating LOD again from scratch.

What type of tree LOD are you generating?

Upload the DynDOLOD log.

i removed the reachmountainmosscover dds and txt files from HD lods lodgen folder

1 hour ago, teadude said:

i removed the reachmountainmosscover dds and txt files from HD lods lodgen folder

Since you seem to be unwilling to surrender information I asked for, I suggest to check the log file. It tells you which tree LOD resources were found and used.

If hat does not help. remove the mod entirely, check for other mods containing billboards as well.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Since you seem to be unwilling to surrender information I asked for, I suggest to check the log file. It tells you which tree LOD resources were found and used.

If hat does not help. remove the mod entirely, check for other mods containing billboards as well.

apologies i was occupied and could not check thoroughly.

i am using hapy little trees for tree billboards and majestic mountain for lods. there were no moss billboards in hlt afaik

here is log i will upload pictures soon

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DdyL43uuqfeBtg4RZcD-ldzjQt2pSSAc/view?usp=sharing

i deleted reachmountainmosscover.dds from 07 to 11, and florahangingmoss.dds 01 to 03 from HD Lods

Edited by teadude

42 minutes ago, teadude said:

apologies i was occupied and could not check thoroughly.

i am using hapy little trees for tree billboards and majestic mountain for lods. there were no moss billboards in hlt afaik

here is log i will upload pictures soon

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DdyL43uuqfeBtg4RZcD-ldzjQt2pSSAc/view?usp=sharing

i deleted reachmountainmosscover.dds from 07 to 11, and florahangingmoss.dds 01 to 03 from HD Lods

And what is the base record form ID and the full model .nif filename of the full objects / references that have black LOD?

34 minutes ago, teadude said:

im not sure i couldnt click on them to find their name or info. it just gives info of the cloud or the mountain but i couldnt actually click on them

https://imgur.com/a/JBrcXGJ

To get the form id of the full model reference (and its base record with more informative console) it needs to be loaded, e .g. go close it.

LOD does not have form IDs.

https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots