Weird subtitle problem

weirdgeordie

Question

Hi all,

First of all, let me just say what a fantastic project this is and how much I was grateful for the quality of the guide that allowed me to set up my Skyrim how I wanted it perfectly.

I've followed the STEP guide to the letter, (Starting with a clean installation, then STEP Baseline core plus most lore friendly mods), I used Mod Organiser rather than Wyre Bash.

I searched the forums before I posted, to see if I could find if anyone else has had this weird problem, as I didn't want to post a new thread if it was unnecessary.

I prefer to have subtitles off, for immersion reasons. Since installing all the STEP mods, I'm getting this bizarre glitch/bug where subtitles appear randomly now and then, with no obvious trigger, when all subtitles are turned off in the config.

Any idea which mod, if any is causing this weird glitch?

Skyrim version: 1.8.151.0.7

SKSE: 1.6.7

System: Win 7 x64, 8GB RAM, twin dual core 3.2Ghz Xeon, ATI Radeon 5850

Any help would be very gratefully received!

3 answers to this question

Hi all,

First of all, let me just say what a fantastic project this is and how much I was grateful for the quality of the guide that allowed me to set up my Skyrim how I wanted it perfectly.

I've followed the STEP guide to the letter, (Starting with a clean installation, then STEP Baseline core plus most lore friendly mods), I used Mod Organiser rather than Wyre Bash.

I searched the forums before I posted, to see if I could find if anyone else has had this weird problem, as I didn't want to post a new thread if it was unnecessary.

I prefer to have subtitles off, for immersion reasons. Since installing all the STEP mods, I'm getting this bizarre glitch/bug where subtitles appear randomly now and then, with no obvious trigger, when all subtitles are turned off in the config.

Any idea which mod, if any is causing this weird glitch?

Skyrim version: 1.8.151.0.7

SKSE: 1.6.7

System: Win 7 x64, 8GB RAM, twin dual core 3.2Ghz Xeon, ATI Radeon 5850

Any help would be very gratefully received!

This is not a glitch, it is intentionally.

The mod doing this is Fuz Ro Dah.

What it does it that it enables so called "silent dialogue" which you might overhear during the game because other people speak at the same time for subtitles. This way you still get what the others said even without actually hearing them.

This is not a glitch, it is intentionally.

The mod doing this is Fuz Ro Dah.

What it does it that it enables so called "silent dialogue" which you might overhear during the game because other people speak at the same time for subtitles. This way you still get what the others said even without actually hearing them.

Thank you so much! - I've spent hours and hours going through mod after mod switching them on and off to find out which one, if any, it was.

I'm really grateful for your reply :) Saved me a lot of time going through the mods!