Help with renaming LOD 'Objects.dds' file

AVGVS

Question

I am making a mod which takes place during the first era, at the same geographical location as Skyrim in a new worldspace called "TamrielPast". I have used the default "Tamriel" worldspace to generate the LOD -the static objects/trees's LOD being generated using DynDOLOD and the land's LOD being generated using xLODgen -, but I've encountered a problem:

As I generated the objects' LOD from the default Tamriel worldspace, a file called "DynDOLOD_Tamriel.dds" was naturally created, but I want to change the name to "DynDOLOD_TamrielPast.dds" (to reference my new worldspace) as a means to avoid a potential conflict that may happen if the player has already generated a "Tamriel" LOD using DynDOLOD. However, when I do that, I believe the references/paths are lost and some textures become purple.

How can I rename this file without causing this issue? Can I change the output's name during generation? Do you have any other ideas of what might be causing the issue?

Thanks in advance!

4 answers to this question

The engine and LOD generators use the EdtiorID of the last plugin to overwrite the worldspace record to name all LOD files.

Generate LOD for the new worldspace with its new name instead of trying to use LOD generated for another worldspace.

@Sheson it will not work, since there are no real distant objects in my new worldspace. That's the reason I wanted to copy the main "Tamriel" LOD into my worldpsace.

If I do as you said, there will still be two objects created, the "Tamriel" one and the "TamrielPast" one, but the latter won't be of any serving.

[SOLVED]

I resolved this issue by creating a deep worldspace copy of "Tamriel" into a temporary esp and renaming it "TamrielPast" using SSEDit.

After that, I generated the LODs using that world. Then, I worked with the "TamrielPast" worldspace of my main esp and everything works as it is intended.

Thanks.

18 hours ago, AVGVS said:

@Sheson it will not work, since there are no real distant objects in my new worldspace. That's the reason I wanted to copy the main "Tamriel" LOD into my worldpsace.

If I do as you said, there will still be two objects created, the "Tamriel" one and the "TamrielPast" one, but the latter won't be of any serving.

It is not really clear what you are trying to do but it sounds like if you are doing a small worldspace that does not require its own LOD, however it can be a child world of the Tamriel worldspace, like one of the walled cities.

You might want to set the Parent WNAM record to Tamriel and the all the flags to use its LOD. In that case whatever cells are not loaded will be using the Tamriel LOD files directly.