Game crashing at launch.. help please

miseryguts

Question

Apologies if I'm not up to speed with the correct terminology.. I'm kinda new to modding

I've spent quite a few hours installing all the mods as per the most recent S.T.E.P guide, I've been pretty careful & have been double checking things at regular intervals.

It all seemed fine, but now I've finished when I try to launch the game it immediately black screens/quits to desktop.. there's no error message or sound etc.

I've no idea how to go about diagnosing what the problem is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

i7 920 (4.2GHz O/C)

8GB Ram

(O/C) GTX 670 Windforce 3x

4 answers to this question

An immediate CTD may also point to a problem with the ESP load order. Try disabling a few ESPs at a time until the game starts and and then boil it down from there. Also make sure you're running BOSS through your mod manager.

Thanks for the quick reply, can you tell me how I run BOSS through the MM please?

An immediate CTD may also point to a problem with the ESP load order. Try disabling a few ESPs at a time until the game starts and and then boil it down from there. Also make sure you're running BOSS through your mod manager.

Thanks for the quick reply, can you tell me how I run BOSS through the MM please?
By "MM" do you mean NMM (Nexus Mod Manager)?  If so, you can just install BOSS and run it normally.  However, I highly recommend you take the time to learn either Wrye Bash or Mod Organizer, both are much more powerful than NMM and give you greater control over Skyrim, making it easier to change and update mods as well as diagnose problems.