STEP and SkyRe

rootsrat

Question

::EDIT::

The original post below (now in spoiler tag) is totally irrelevant, not the case at all - please ignore it! I only leave it here for thread consistency purposes. 

Now, I change my question:

Has anyone ever tried STEP and SkyRe? Can anyone confirm which STEP mods would be incompatible with this overhaul?

Hi all

Just wanted to let you know guys, that SkyRe Races module causes CTDs with STEP, however not for all the races. It's a bit werid. Took me 3 days to test, as I was running STEP, SkyRe, Relistic Needs & Diseases, Automatic Variants, Frostfall, Life Another Life, a few weapon, armor and equipment mods and a few others - over 320 mods in total. 

I was getting CTDs at Valtheim Towers (and this was the location I was testing at). 

So, after 3 days of disabling and enabling mods, I established that when vanilla Skyrim is installed along with SkyRe only (all modules) it works fine. However, with full STEP install and SkyRe I was getting CTDs at the towers if playing Dunmer. Nord race is fine, when I crated Breton I also got CTD. I did not test other races.

When I disabled SkyRe Races module, it all worked fine. 

So just a word of warning really, if you run full STEP install and full SkyRe install, you may get CTDs when playing different races.

Also, if anyone can think of a reason for the above, or any STEP mod that could possible cause something like this feel free to contribute.

:Edit:

Further testing ongoing, I'll try to establish which step mod interferes with races module.

In fact, has anyone been using STEP 2.2.1 and full SkyRe set up?

Or can anyone confirm which mods from STEP 2.2.1 would be incompatible with SkyRe? I am having problems running these together, but I'm bored with vanilla perks and SkyRe is the only perk overhaul that I like really...

Ive got similiar problems. Got a full STEP setup with Skyre (all modules), skyrealism timescale, skyrealism carry & capacity, frostfall, wet & cold. Tryed Skyrealism Feast & Famine as well, but ive read in some forum that its incompatible with SkyRe?

Problem is the same as you describe, CTD without any warning. Playing a female imperial, crash happens around Riverrun (didnt get far into the game so far).

So how these would conflict? Any details? The only reference to soul gems in SkyRe's page is a new power for Wood Elves:

"Wood Lore" allows you to enhance all arrows with a magical infusion at a forge. Infused arrows explode on impact, paralyzing all targets for one second, and reduce their one-handed and two-handed damage by 30% for ten seconds. Crafting these arrows requires 15 arrows, two empty petty soul gems and three spider eggs (creates bundles of 5).

But that's only a crafting recipe, right?

Ok, that was a educated guess, now I'm checking with MO: SkyRe has script conflicts with EBT, Brawls Bug Patcha and USKP; texture with Skill Interface Retexture. I'll check in T5EDIT in moment

EDIT: Wow, that's lot of data - I'm sorry, but disabling every mod one-by-one and checking whether it works may be the only way.

I use SkyRe with SR instead of STEP, but it has a lot of the same mods. And use some mods that are in neither guides.

I will list here the mods I've made patches to use with SkyRe:

Immersive Weapons

Enhanced Soul Trap

Destructible Bottles Extended

Bring Out Your Dead

Ars Metallica

Alternate Start

Improved Closefaced Helmets

Realistic Needs and Disease

Radiant and Unique Poison and Potion Bottles (will not work properly without patching)

Interesting NPCs

And a General Patch that mainly caries unofficial patches changes to SkyRe where I see to fit it.

I checked twice and Enhanced Blood Textures have no conflicts with any SkyRe module.

You can check yourself, don't need to go record by record, open all files you want to check compatibility (I do with 200+ esps) in TES5Edit and apply filter for cleaning in any. Will highlight all records that have conflicts and stuff, just go open the red and reddish records and check it. You can see if you open EBT with SkyRe modules and apply for cleaning, it's all green on EBT esp (at least here, I don't remember if I cleaned or carried any USPk fixes before x))

Awesomeness. I'm on it as soon as I'll get back home. Which SkyRe modules are you using? I wanted to use ASIS Encounter Zones instead of SkyRe ones. They come in separate stand alone ESP for ASIS, and there is no need to run ASIS SkyProc patcher, so should be compatible as long as you don't install SkyRe Enc. Zones.

The patches that you mentioned - are they available for download anywhere?

Also, with full STEP 2.2.1 install, I was getting guaranteed CTD at Valtheim Towers, most often when initiating combat with bandits, sometimes though outside of combat too. Did you experience this by a chance? If not, would you be so kind and quickly test on a new character (coc valtheimkeepexterior01 then run to the bandit that demands "toll" and attack)? I would greatly appreciate.

Many thanks for your reply, I've spend nearly full week fighting with STEP+SkyRe setup and I cannot get it to work no matter what! :@

OK i am runnin gfull step setup with skyre and a couple of armor, weapon and realism mods perfectly now. Not sure what caused the CTDs, maybe it was just a too demanding ini setting. (Reduced shadow resolution and it works soomth now).

Those include:

Immersive Armors

Immersive Weapons

Skyrealism Weight and Carry

Skyrealism Travel and Timescale

Wet and Cold

Realistic Needs and Deseases

Winter is Coming

Frostfall

Skytest

Interesting NPCs

Just one small problem. maybe some of you guys have a similiar problem: I recognized that some items are listed twice in the smithing menu, e.g. woodcutters axe, katana, mace etc with different stats. any idea whats causing this? i did the whole reproccer patch thing, and included the reproccer.esp last in my list.

Load Order:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

ApachiiHair.esm

Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm

More Interactive Items.ESM

More Interactive Items [Dawnguard].ESM

More Interactive Items [Hearthfire].ESM

SPIKE.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp

Chesko_Frostfall.esp

Better Dynamic Snow.esp

Rainbows.esp

Clanking Armor.esp

Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp

randomthunder.esp

Rooster At Dawn v1.0.esp

Warmer Magic Lights v2.esp

MintyLightningMod.esp

StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp

83Willows_101BUGS_V4_LowRes.esp

Birdsofskyrim.esp

Chesko_WearableLantern.esp

Chesko_WearableLantern_Guards.esp

Chesko_WearableLantern_Caravaner.esp

Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - RCRN Classic.esp

PilgrimsDelight.esp

RabbitsPlus.esp

Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and Booze.esp

SabreFurBag.esp

ShootingStars.esp

Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp

SMDropLitTorch.esp

YngolBarrowButtonFix.esp

Convenient Horses.esp

Destructible_bottles.esp

Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp

Footprints.esp

WetandCold.esp

WetandCold - Ashes.esp

SkyUI.esp

iHUD.esp

Cloaks.esp

1nivWICCloaks.esp

1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp

daedric_phelm.esp

Elemental Staves.esp

ExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp

hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp

imp_helm.esp

imp_helm_imp.esp

imp_helm_dawn.esp

LeatherBackpackBlack.esp

LeatherBackpackBrown.esp

LeatherBackpack.esp

Dr_Bandolier.esp

DeadlyDragons.esp

Beautiful Riften.esp

Beautiful Whiterun.esp

Gildergreen Regrown.esp

RealisticWhiterun.esp

Run For Your Lives.esp

When Vampires Attack.esp

SkyrimChimneysRW.esp

The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp

SkyrimCoinReplacer.esp

Appropriately Attired Jarls Redux.esp

BlockSparkles.esp

Distant DetailHF.esp

dynamic fires.esp

FSS-Slight pause between lines.esp

Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp

Immersive Weapons.esp

masser Size x0.6.esp

More Salt Please.esp

dD-No Twitching Dragon Death Animation.esp

SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp

secunda Size x0.6.esp

SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp

dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

dD-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp

Waterbreathing Breathless Emerge.esp

AIMP - Antz in my Pantz.esp

Chesko_Step418_SN.esp

dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Reduced.esp

SkyRealism - Time and Travel.esp

SkyRealism - Capacity and Carry Weight.esp

BFSEffects.esp

DeadlySpellImpacts.esp

Realistic crime report radius.esp

Dual Wield Parrying_SKSE.esp

The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp

SkyRe_Main.esp

Warning: The SkyRe has many conflicts with other mods. Please read the readme before playing with mod. This will prevent many problems. Read it here.

SkyRe_Combat.esp

SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp

SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp

SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp

SkyRe_StandingStones.esp

SkyRe_Survivalism.esp

GDO_Plugin_SkyRe.esp

Enhanced Soul Trap.esp

dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp

Sit Anywhere.esp

3DNPC.esp

RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp

RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp

RND_DestructibleBottles-Patch.esp

RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp

RND_USKP-Patch.esp

Slightly Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp

SPTConsistentOlderPeople.esp

SkyRe_Races.esp

rcrnShaders.esp

Animated Weapon Enchants.esp

getSnowy.esp

WATER.esp

WATER Plants.esp

WATER DB Waves.esp

RND_Water-Patch.esp

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

reproccer.esp

Awesomeness. I'm on it as soon as I'll get back home. Which SkyRe modules are you using? I wanted to use ASIS Encounter Zones instead of SkyRe ones. They come in separate stand alone ESP for ASIS, and there is no need to run ASIS SkyProc patcher, so should be compatible as long as you don't install SkyRe Enc. Zones.

Also, with full STEP 2.2.1 install, I was getting guaranteed CTD at Valtheim Towers, most often when initiating combat with bandits, sometimes though outside of combat too. Did you experience this by a chance? If not, would you be so kind and quickly test on a new character (coc valtheimkeepexterior01 then run to the bandit that demands "toll" and attack)? I would greatly appreciate.

Many thanks for your reply, I've spend nearly full week fighting with STEP+SkyRe setup and I cannot get it to work no matter what! :@

Sorry the delay, a lot to study, then the forums went down... you know >:) I'm using all modules, I love the races module.

I also use ASIS, as long as you go by BOSS recommendations  and "Warning: Unmark Automatic Perks and Automatic Spells flags in ASIS patch options. Or you will have bugs and CTDs in game when using SkyRe and ASIS." Also run it before ReProccer, and without the ReProccer fix on the folder (or with it on ASIS blocklist), then it is all fine.

Well, I could make my patches available without a problem, but I think I would need the authors authorization for that. In fact I would like to. But I don't want head aches.

I will try to go to that place ASAP to do a quick test.

Sorry the delay, a lot to study, then the forums went down... you know >:) I'm using all modules, I love the races module.

I also use ASIS, as long as you go by BOSS recommendations  and "Warning: Unmark Automatic Perks and Automatic Spells flags in ASIS patch options. Or you will have bugs and CTDs in game when using SkyRe and ASIS." Also run it before ReProccer, and without the ReProccer fix on the folder (or with it on ASIS blocklist), then it is all fine.

Well, I could make my patches available without a problem, but I think I would need the authors authorization for that. In fact I would like to. But I don't want head aches.

I will try to go to that place ASAP to do a quick test.

Great, thanks. I would greatly appreciate if you test Valtheim Towers (cow tamriel 17 -1) - try equipping either a melee weapon or SkyRe's "unarmed" weapon if possible. Thank justjr, much appreciated!