STEP and SkyRe

rootsrat

Question

::EDIT::

The original post below (now in spoiler tag) is totally irrelevant, not the case at all - please ignore it! I only leave it here for thread consistency purposes. 

Now, I change my question:

Has anyone ever tried STEP and SkyRe? Can anyone confirm which STEP mods would be incompatible with this overhaul?

Hi all

Just wanted to let you know guys, that SkyRe Races module causes CTDs with STEP, however not for all the races. It's a bit werid. Took me 3 days to test, as I was running STEP, SkyRe, Relistic Needs & Diseases, Automatic Variants, Frostfall, Life Another Life, a few weapon, armor and equipment mods and a few others - over 320 mods in total. 

I was getting CTDs at Valtheim Towers (and this was the location I was testing at). 

So, after 3 days of disabling and enabling mods, I established that when vanilla Skyrim is installed along with SkyRe only (all modules) it works fine. However, with full STEP install and SkyRe I was getting CTDs at the towers if playing Dunmer. Nord race is fine, when I crated Breton I also got CTD. I did not test other races.

When I disabled SkyRe Races module, it all worked fine. 

So just a word of warning really, if you run full STEP install and full SkyRe install, you may get CTDs when playing different races.

Also, if anyone can think of a reason for the above, or any STEP mod that could possible cause something like this feel free to contribute.

:Edit:

Further testing ongoing, I'll try to establish which step mod interferes with races module.

Awesomeness. I'm on it as soon as I'll get back home. Which SkyRe modules are you using? I wanted to use ASIS Encounter Zones instead of SkyRe ones. They come in separate stand alone ESP for ASIS, and there is no need to run ASIS SkyProc patcher, so should be compatible as long as you don't install SkyRe Enc. Zones.

The patches that you mentioned - are they available for download anywhere?

Also, with full STEP 2.2.1 install, I was getting guaranteed CTD at Valtheim Towers, most often when initiating combat with bandits, sometimes though outside of combat too. Did you experience this by a chance? If not, would you be so kind and quickly test on a new character (coc valtheimkeepexterior01 then run to the bandit that demands "toll" and attack)? I would greatly appreciate.

Many thanks for your reply, I've spend nearly full week fighting with STEP+SkyRe setup and I cannot get it to work no matter what! :@

Sorry the delay, a lot to study, then the forums went down... you know >:) I'm using all modules, I love the races module.

I also use ASIS, as long as you go by BOSS recommendations  and "Warning: Unmark Automatic Perks and Automatic Spells flags in ASIS patch options. Or you will have bugs and CTDs in game when using SkyRe and ASIS." Also run it before ReProccer, and without the ReProccer fix on the folder (or with it on ASIS blocklist), then it is all fine.

Well, I could make my patches available without a problem, but I think I would need the authors authorization for that. In fact I would like to. But I don't want head aches.

I will try to go to that place ASAP to do a quick test.

Great, thanks. I would greatly appreciate if you test Valtheim Towers (cow tamriel 17 -1) - try equipping either a melee weapon or SkyRe's "unarmed" weapon if possible. Thank justjr, much appreciated!
I CTD as soon as I coc there. D:

A-HA! So it's not just me going crazy... On a clean Skyrim +DLC install the problem does not exist. So it must be one of the STEP mods. Yesterday I installed all STEP mods up to section 2.G. Landscape & Environment (inclusive) and I got CTD. I therefore deduct it must be one of the mods from sections D, E, F or G.

I've been on this over a week now and I serioulsy can't be bothered anymore... On the other hand I really want to use SkyRe! :P

DLC + Unnfocial Patches + SkyRe + LAL active it worked fine.

::EDIT::

Correction:

DLC + Unnfocial Patches + SkyRe + LAL active - I just got a CTD. It must be SkyRe's bug. I've already reported it on the mod's page on Nexus.