Question about .Ini tweaks

AsheRayne

Question

Step guide states that the .ini file should be "read only" after the .ini tweaks are in place.  This wont conflict with any mods later on, i.e. do any of the graphics mods change .ini settings, and would making it read only affect the installation of said mods?

5 answers to this question

Nope, mods don't have anything to do with INI files, in fact I highly doubt they're even able to access them. There are a few mods that suggest you manually make changes to the INI file, but we've already incorporated those into the INI Tweaks section of the guide.

Well, I'm looking at the flora and fauna overhaul, and that also has the "punish your machine" edition. The punish your machine quality states that the .ini has to be tweaked... though isn't much more descriptive than that. My system can handle it, I just didn't know if I should bother.

Well, I'm looking at the flora and fauna overhaul, and that also has the "punish your machine" edition. The punish your machine quality states that the .ini has to be tweaked... though isn't much more descriptive than that. My system can handle it, I just didn't know if I should bother.

The INI tweak suggested by PYME should be used in conjunction if using that option. It allows 6 grasses per texture tile instead of 3.