Mountain Rock Texture Mismatch

toadface

Question

Hello.

First of all, thank you very much for the work put into this mod. I have been playing Skyrim for a long time and have never been truly immersed in it until now with the help of your work.

I just finished installing DynDOLOD and everything seems to work properly. I am also using "Tamrielic Textures 1 - Landscapes". In this image https://imgur.com/ewYSsSB  you can see that the LOD for some rocks do not match the surroundings. When I get closer, these mismatched rocks appear in their correct form.

I used the TextGen app in the correct order, I believe, so I don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 answers to this question

LOD does not need to match it surroundings, it needs to match the full models/textures it represents.

DynDOLOD uses the LOD assets that are installed in the load order.
TexGen can update some LOD textures but not all. Those it can not update automatically need to be updated manually.

Obviously make sure that TexGen generated all its textures without errors and that its output is installed and none of it is being overwritten when running DynDOLOD.

If that does not help you need to provide more information, like which DynDOLOD version is being used, a modwatch etc.

I hope that the version 2.88 only applies to the version of DynDOLOD Resources and that you use version 2.96 of the DynDOLOD Standalone?

If anything in my answer(s) needs more explanation, then ask for clarification.

Am I correct you used the low preset?

If that is the case, consider using medium or high preset.

If those are too much you can click through to advanced, make your choices and selections and then click "low" to load the rules.
Then scroll down the list of the Mesh lodgen rules until you find the rows that start with mountaincliffslope, mountaintrim01, mountaintrim02 and mountainrim03
Doubleclick them and change the dropdown for LOD 4 to Static LOD 4.
Then generate LOD by clicking OK and proceed as usual.

If you are updating an existing save, you can keep the current DynDOLOD output with its DynDOLOD plugins active while executing DynDOLOD, so you do not have to go through the clean save update routine.

Hello again. Thanks again for your help. After more closely following the directions you provided, the problem went away as you can see https://imgur.com/wv6Dril

I'm so happy with the viewable distance. It's what the game should have been. All of those vistas but they didn't think it important to actually render them correctly. Thank you for fixing that.