Lanterns spawning from DyndoLOD every time I change cells

mrdesiballer

Question

They seem to be using the Medieval Lantern Mesh/texture. When I click on them using the console, it says last changed by Dyndolod. Never had this issue before. Any idea?

the lanterns spawn on the ground next to me, and there are always two. 

Edited by mrdesiballer

3 answers to this question

I have to assume you are talking about the base record being changed by DynDOLOD the last, because you did not provide  that kind of information.

Just because DynDOLOD is the last plugin to change a base record doesn't mean it has anything to do with the references being spawned in the world.

The culprit is the plugin mentioned for the references.

Hey Sheson! So from the console, it says this:

base defined in: DynDOLOD.esm

base last changed by: DynDOLOD.esm

ref defined in: DynDOLOD.esp

Ref last changed by: DynDOLOD.esp

Base form: 250350C5

ref form: CE0046F0

base type: MSTT (movable static)

model: 000mlos_lantern_06_anim.nif

so the two lanterns appears every time I load a save, and usually don’t appear if I change cells or fast travel (I’ve been testing, sorry for the mistake on the topic header). It’s worth mentioning that I am 80 hours into a heavily modded but stable game, and this issue only started happening around the 78 hour mark. I haven’t changed my load order or added new mods (I have swapped some textures/meshes). I have a decent understanding of modding, but I can’t explain why this is occurring. I’ve tried disabling the lanterns but they still show up. This bug doesn’t seem to have an effect on my game (other than aesthetic), but it is slightly concerning because I do not want this to happen with more items and cause instability.

Side note: thank you for your work. I appreciate your quick response!

Edited by mrdesiballer

DynDOLOD adds only new reference for LOD for actual references that are added by other plugins.

Are you saying the same lanterns (with the same form id) change position? 

If you look up the mentioned reference in xEdit, its EditorID will tell you the source plugin and form id of the source reference responsible for the lantern at this location.

Let me know the form ids.

Make sure LOD was generated for this exact load order.