CTD when DynDOLOD is active

KazMiller

Question

Skyrim SE crashes when DynDOLOD.esm and .esp are active when I enter this area:
Crash-location.png
I marked the border approximately, I don't know exactly where it's crashing, but it's around this area.

I read DynDOLOD-README.txt and did as it said - hid .bto files, checked logs, edited DynDOLOD_Worlds.json and Skyrim.ini, checked other logs - everithing looks ok, but the game still crashes every time.

Here's DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aSyG93eKQ7s2NOL2fYaCIrpK0XdY5hzb/view?usp=sharing

Here's Papyrus.0.log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nTqHveDITPmugQlwqbANYdR8gBLrqJkK/view?usp=sharing

Any ideas why it's happening and what should I do?

P.S.: Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

7 answers to this question

The crash log shows that there is a reference with form id 13002419 in DynDOLOD.esm that has no base record (BaseForm: null). Look up this reference in xEdit. Does it show an unresolved error for its base record?

It might be because the log for each generation shows that you tried to update existing DynDOLOD plugins.

"Update an existing DynDOLOD.esm and DynDOLOD.esp? If this is not successful start from scratch."

The initial generation probably stopped with an error, but you installed the output anyways. Do not install or use incomplete output that has errors.

Try generating from scratch without any old DynDOLOD plugins being loaded.

Also, the game is installed to Program Files x86. To avoid issues with UAC, antivir etc. the game should be installed outside of such special Windows folders.

Edited by sheson

The crash log shows that there is a reference with form id 13002419 in DynDOLOD.esm that has no base record (BaseForm: null). Look up this reference in xEdit. Does it show an unresolved error for its base record?

I'm a big noob and don't really know where to look to find error. Here's screenshot of what I see in xEdit when I find the reference with this fotm id:

13002419.png

It might be because the log for each generation shows that you tried to update existing DynDOLOD plugins.

"Update an existing DynDOLOD.esm and DynDOLOD.esp? If this is not successful start from scratch."

The initial generation probably stopped with an error, but you installed the output anyways. Do not install or use incomplete output that has errors.

Try generating from scratch without any old DynDOLOD plugins being loaded.

I'm certain that there were no errors the first time, but I'll generate from scratch and see what will happen

Also, the game is installed to Program Files x86. To avoid issues with UAC, antivir etc. the game should be installed outside of such special Windows folders.

Yes, my bad. Steam was installed there years ago, and I don't want to ununstall all my games just to install them again in another folder

The screenshot shows NAME - Base is empty / Null Reference. This typically only happens when DynDOLOD stopped prematurely with an error and an incomplete plugin is saved.

Generating from scratch and making sure there are no errors should solve the problem.

The screenshot shows NAME - Base is empty / Null Reference. This typically only happens when DynDOLOD stopped prematurely with an error and an incomplete plugin is saved.

Generating from scratch and making sure there are no errors should solve the problem.

Thank you very much - I generated from scratch and now everithing works as it should! I was sure that there were no errors in the first generation - every time there was a message that generation completed cuccessfully... Thank you again for quick help and patience - I can imagine how exhausting it is to deal with noobs like me