Solitude Skyway SE LODs

KhrysINXS

Question

This is my first post on here since awhile ago so I hope I am posting in a somewhat correct spot. I have been trying to improve Solitude Skyways LOD on my own and I have to say. Its a challenge. Its not just the spatio models themselves but the rock models positioned as structure and support to the entire creation just cut in and out from a distance like a sword slashing sideways gashing the solitude foundation. I have tried several different tactics on my own but once I go south of the solitude warehouse past the bridge, either one at a time or all at once, the skyway and supporting rock is gone from view. 
My page Modular PatchXPress also can possibly be looked into if it is functioning as optimal as it should be regarding LODs. My page extensively works alongside Solitude Skyway for many of the modules their in. Also many new models that previously didn't exist and/or are new creations from pervious models. New additions and features which compliment Solitude are featured in Section 1 and Section 2 of the page. 

Most importantly is the Skyway because it is in many ways for those that use it the Spine of Solitude. I will try to aid in any matter I can to help promote its betterment. DynDOLOD does have some LOD_0.nifs and LOD_1.nifs prepacked for the models used in the Skyway including the RockL04.nifs plus all the other rock variants. Its beyond my expertise at the given moment as to address and resolve the popping in and out of the entire creation. 

Something else while doing my own tests for my own projects was these windows out of position. g4aYBUH.png
This is entirely not relevant to the topic of this post but since I saw it, might as well post it along. 

Edited by KhrysINXS

1 answer to this question

If I generate for Skyway 1.3 LOD with DynDOLOD, the major building parts have LOD in the first LOD level 4 (and 8). With ultra settings (57000 instead of the default 60000 because of bugs), LOD level 4 shows all the way to the Brood Cave for example.

59721-1603973276-715018684.png59721-1603973347-887879033.png

The way you describe it, objects going out of view at the Warehouse already, means those objects do not have any LOD at all. In my screenshot everything to the left are still full models and then continue with LOD level 4 to the right.

If you are missing LOD for references, list their form ids so we know what we are talking about.

If you want RockL04.nif to also have object LOD in LOD level 8, you can either simply copy rockl04_lod_0.nif to rockl04_lod_1.nif and then generate LOD. The automatic assignment of DynDOLOD will then take care of the rest.

Alternatively you can add a mesh rule with mesh mask=rockl04.nif, LOD4/8 = Static LOD4, LOD16 = empty, Grid = Far LOD, VWD checked, Reference = Unchanged. It will have the same effect. See docs/DynDOLOD_Mod_Authors.html for more explanation.

The screenshot with the LOD window does not tell us anything. If this happens with a new game (e.g. is not a messed-up update or any of the other things covered in the FAQ for out of place LOD objects), look up the reference in the DynDOLOD.esp with xEdit.

Its Editor_ID tells us the plugin and form id of the reference for which the dynamic LOD window has been added. Then the next information is, if this reference is a modified vanilla reference or a new one, if it is placed in the parent or child world etc. Typically it would be easiest if I can check the plugin and what it does myself to quickly determine the problem.