Having trouble getting correct textures in LOD...

VanGohman

Question

I am really new to this (and by "new" I mean I've been trying to figure this out for 3 years now).

I'm trying to get all of this to work with Skyrim VR using Mod Manager 2 (portable mode).

I believe I have gotten DynDOLOD to "work" partially, in that I managed to get the lod for Azura's statue to match the "Sexy Statues" version I have installed by including a rule at the bottom of the rules list.

This seems to show up in game just fine.

I think the tree lods have worked for my "3d Trees and Plants", "3d Landscapes", and "Trees Addon SSE" (plus it's cities trees beta), and all seem to be visible in the lod.

I also believe that I'm seeing the improved LODS for objects such as houses, because I can now see lod for things like Elysium Estate, which adds a player home just outside of Whiterun, because I now see this player home much sooner than I would have without using DynDOLOD.

But for some reason, the LOD textures for all homes all seem to look like "vanilla" textures, while I'm using a combination of "Skyrim Realistic Overhaul" textures with "Noble Skyrim" set to overwrite the former, and then "Majestic Mountains" (including the "complimentary textures" and it's own "Lod pack for Dyndolod" set to overwrite both.

When I'm close to Honningbrew Meadery, it has the darker textures that come with Noble Skyrim (I think), which includes additional arch detail on the left building over the door, but as I walk backwards over the bridge that takes me along the whiterun wall it eventually switches to what look like vanilla textures.

The other issue I'm wondering about is I have a mod called "Immersive Fallen Trees" that adds "Fallen Trees" all over the place, many spanning rivers etc. And I don't see the tree models it adds in the lod, at least not very far off lod. There is one tree in particular I've been testing with, and it appears on the river just above the bridge you go to with the console command coc Whiterun.

Does DynDOLOD create additional lod models for terrain object modes like "Immersive Fallen Trees"? If so, how far would I be able to see them?

I've been resisting the urge to post here for weeks now, pouring over the manuals, additional information, guides, and tutorial videos, so if this is a simple thing, I apologize in advance.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and if you can help, even more thanks in advance!

-VanGohman

Edited by VanGohman

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question