Will not load (fatal error) SkyrimSE

starxheart

Question

Probably a user error somewhere along the way, but I did the standalone, then the resources (I did resources through Vortex, bad idea?) and then I downloaded the Skyrim SE DLL. I put that in the SKSE folder, and copied DynDOLOD to a new folder in the C drive just like it said. When I double click either TexGen or DynDOLOD exes, I get this error that says current mode is TES5 (which can't be right, since it should be for SE) and then it reads this:

[00:00:00.016]    TexGen based on xEdit (09BC7F1E) starting session 2020-06-12 17:46:33
[00:00:00.016]    Game Mode: TES5
[00:00:00.016]    Game Name: Skyrim
[00:00:00.031]    Using Skyrim Data Path:
[00:00:00.031]    Using Scripts Path: C:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\
[00:00:00.031]    Using Cache Path:
[00:00:00.047]    Using Temp Path: C:\Users\radio\AppData\Local\Temp\TES5Edit\
[00:00:00.054]    Using ini:
[00:00:00.054]    Fatal: Could not find ini

I'm guessing I missed something. I followed the instructions here: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13894-dyndolod-beta-for-skyrim-special-edition-and-skyrim-vr-282/ and I have successfully done the SSEELODgen and vanilla billboards.

Please help T_T

3 answers to this question

From DynDOLOD_QuickStart.html:

By default the tools start in Skyrim mode, which is the same as adding the -tes5 command line parameter. Add -sse as a command line parameter to DynDOLOD.exe/DynDOLODx64.exe or TexGen.exe/TexGenx64.exe to start the tools in Skyrim Special Edition mode. Add -tes5vr as a command line parameter to DynDOLOD.exe/DynDOLODx64.exe or TexGen.exe/TexGenx64.exe to start the tools in Skyrim VR mode. Add -enderal as a command line parameter to DynDOLOD.exe/DynDOLODx64.exe or TexGen.exe/TexGenx64.exe to start the tools in Enderal mode in case the Steam version is used. See DynDOLOD-Shortcut.txt for help.