BOSS load order

Fizzer

Question

Been working on STEP a while now. Even trying the new 2.2.1b.

But I am wondering about BOSS load order.

Should I be running this after installing the mods and leaving the load order as BOSS sorts it.

OR

Modifying the list so that the load order is as the guide.

Load Order in Guide

Posted Image

Load order after BOSS

Posted Image

3 answers to this question

Usually Boss does a great job at sorting through load order. STEP mod order is mostly alphabetical (at least if you're looking at the different sections), and if it isn't, then it makes sure certain mods overwrite certain others. Since we don't create Bashed Patches as a part of STEP yet, you don't have to use the STEP mod order as your load order (I think this will actually ruin some things with the newest alpha-guide version at least). Just use BOSS - there's nothing wrong with that.

From my understanding the STEP guide is based on install order and not esp load order. If an esp uses a certain texture but a mod overwrites that texture then the esp will use the overwritten texture (install order). As long as you install them according to STEP and use BOSS after that you should be fine. The only thing you really need to do manually for esp load order is for any esp that is not recognized by BOSS, but generally they can still go at the end. Check out Neo's Skyrim Revisited for some examples of esp's not recognized by BOSS. I think there is at least one there.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2