TexConv FAILED [mipmaps] (80070057)

runswithascript

Question

Skyrim SE is installed on my Ubuntu 18.04 system, I run DynDOLOD from Vortex with the -sse flag, and I am new to mods. After generating the textures successfully, when I try to run DynDOLOD it errors. I have searched the forums and FAQ for different strings from DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt before the error and bugreport.txt but not been able to find a solution. I suspect I am searching for the wrong thing. If relevant I have searched my drive for files beginning with 'LODGen_' and ending with .txt and there are none. The screenshot just shows the main program output after the error - I receive no popup, it just stops - but I am supplying it as requested, and it also shows my mods in Vortex in case relevant. Please review my files and let me know how I can resolve the issue.

4 answers to this question

The error message:

FAILED [mipmaps] (80070057)
[Tamriel] Trees LOD generation error: Executing TexConv returned error 00000001: "C:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha -f BC7_UNORM -bcquick -o "C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees" "C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds"

This was discussed before around here https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13894-dyndolod-beta-for-skyrim-special-edition-and-skyrim-vr-282/page-92?p=234681&do=findComment&comment=234681

It's a Linux problem with TexConv, but it was solved by not using that particular redundant command line argument.

Run above TexConv command manually see what happens.

Get latest TexConv from https://github.com/microsoft/DirectXTex/releases, see what happens.

The error message:

FAILED [mipmaps] (80070057)

[Tamriel] Trees LOD generation error: Executing TexConv returned error 00000001: "C:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha -f BC7_UNORM -bcquick -o "C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees" "C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds"

This was discussed before around here https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13894-dyndolod-beta-for-skyrim-special-edition-and-skyrim-vr-282/page-92?p=234681&do=findComment&comment=234681

It's a Linux problem with TexConv, but it was solved by not using that particular redundant command line argument.

Run above TexConv command manually see what happens.

Get latest TexConv from https://github.com/microsoft/DirectXTex/releases, see what happens.

Can you please clarify, do I need to replace the command with something else or leave it out complete, and to both? If so how exactly do I alter the normal installation instructions please?

The log shows the command that the process is trying to execute:

"C:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha -f BC7_UNORM -bcquick -o "C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees" "C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds"

Run this on a command prompt and see what happens. It would be up to you to find out which argument fails, then maybe make an issue report on TexConv github.

The log shows the command that the process is trying to execute:

"C:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha -f BC7_UNORM -bcquick -o "C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees" "C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds"

Run this on a command prompt and see what happens. It would be up to you to find out which argument fails, then maybe make an issue report on TexConv github.

Thanks Talos, that can be done. I am just sending a message to steveowashere to see if he has made any progress.