Need help pinpointing a DynDOLOD issue

talon_lol

Question

5 answers to this question

What is the issue in the last two screenshots and why do you believe it is caused by DynDOLOD?

Does the issue go away when the DynDOLOD plugins are disabled?

DynDOLOD adds the Has Distant LOD flag to some base records, that is why it shows up as the last plugin to modify it. This typically does not cause visual issues to fires as we know from the last 6 years.

Edited by sheson

What is the issue in the last two screenshots and why do you believe it is caused by DynDOLOD?

Does the issue go away when the DynDOLOD plugins are disabled?

DynDOLOD adds the Has Distant LOD flag to some base records, that is why it shows up as the last plugin to modify it. This typically does not cause visual issues to fires as we know from the last 6 years.

Thanks for getting back, I'm always impressed by your dedication to replying, I'd expect you to have an army of users who could help you with this stuff by now XD but honestly I'm not sure why but I just assumed bc "base last" was touched by DynDOLOD (I forget what exactly the order is in what reference changes what). And the issue is the flame textures in that campfire01.nif. If it's not caused by your program I'm having trouble pinpointing why it looks like that because ELFX is causing the fxglow but something else is messing with that campfire flame texture.

Edited by talon_lol

That's good for me and DynDOLOD :)

You probably want to continue to disable mods at time, next ELFX until you find the one that changes the fire.

Looking up the mentioned form ids in xEdit will help to know which plugins all overwrite the reference and base record.

The issue might not be the records but the mesh and used textures.

In xEdit, use the Asset Browser (start it with CTRL+F3) and enter Campfire01Burning.nif into the filter field to see the containers that supply the model. The first one mention wins. Disable the mod the first BSA belongs to etc. If the first container is Data, then it is a loose file and you can look up the mod in MO2 by finding the NIF in right window data tab.

If you hightlight the NIF the status at the bottom will tell you the used textures. Enter the texture filenames into the filter field as above.

At one point checking the involved mods you ought to find the culprit sooner or later.

I'm rummaging through xEdit and using MO2 as a quick reference to check which mod is using it but it looks like Skyrim is using it (loose file from another mod?) and some of the textures are missing from the MO2 Data folders and subfolders. It's kinda fun tracking this down and disabling mods but it's tricky and I'm still having trouble locating it. I'll keep disabling certain mods that might directly pertain to the issue but I was hoping to single it out using the method you described. 

EDIT: Embers HD was the main culprit. I disabled the mod and that issue was resolved. Just trying to figure out what it conflicted with but honestly it might not be worth it lol. Sometimes less is better XD Thanks for help sheson

Edited by talon_lol