Does DynDOLOD support being run from the command line? I'm trying to automate my process.

SheeEttin

Question

I'm tired of running and re-running DynDOLOD because I've changed something, or forgotten to disable/reenable Open Cities during the process. I'd like to automate it.

Does DynDOLOD support being run from the command line? I don't see any documentation on it. Or, is there a way to call the Pascal scripts directly? My plan is to have a script to take the GUI options as parameters, run texgen and lodgen, and pack the output up for MO2.

3 answers to this question

Every executable can be started form a windows command prompt. That is how a OS works.

As you already know, DynDOLOD is a modified xEdit. It supports most of its command line arguments.

It is hardcoded to start DynDOLOD/TexGen pas scripts specified in the manual. However, pas scripts will soon be a thing of the past.

Windows executables nor xEdit do not automatically expose GUI settings or mouse clicks to the command line. You would need to use a specialized tool that replays mouse/keyboard actions for that.

Thanks. So telling sseedit to run the scripts should produce the same result as running through the DynDOLOD GUI

I found an issue on github that says automatically running against a plugin isn't possible (https://github.com/TES5Edit/TES5Edit/issues/655, the broken link there should go to https://tes5edit.github.io/docs/13-Scripting-Functions.html I think). So maybe this is a non-starter.