Most of my texture mods have stopped working. Cannot get them enabled.

silverbullet1989

Question

I looked into the DynDOLOD mod last night. Followed the GamerPoets video tutorial on how to set it up. Followed all steps, installed fine, all works, except nearly every single texture mod has stopped working.

Grass and tree mods still works, ENB does, but as far as i can tell ELFX has stopped working, sky textures are not working, majestic mountains and Skyrim2020 as my main textures are no longer working, i think Realistic Waters has stopped working too.

They are all still enabled in Vortex, i have even reinstalled them, nope, game is still running default skyrim textures.

I've removed DynDOLOD and its the same problem. I changed NOTHING aside from add DynDOLOD. Its as if a config line has flipped form 1 to 0 and disabled all texture mods from working.

Im all out of ideas, has anyone got any suggestions?

Im only asking regarding DynDOLOD since that was the only change i made to the game. Before that, everything was fine. 

2 answers to this question

It seems you have issues wit the mod manager you are using. I suggest to read the manual of the mod manager and ask on the appropriate forum.

Installing TexGen/DynDOLOD outside the game and mod manager folders according to its instructions can not modify the load order.

Executing TexGen/DynDOLOD generates meshes, textures and plugins to the dedicated folder which is outside of the game and mod manager folders can not modify the load order.

Zipping and installing the output as a new mod can not modify any other mods if you use a properly working mod manager.

Nobody should be using Vortex to mod Skyrim. Use a proper mod manager like MO2.