Dyndolod hard starting comp when it runs dos box.

A1racer

Question

Ok so only mods are tree billboards Dyndolod resources se and papyrus. Skse64 is also running like normal. I ran TexGen installed the output by using 7zip uncompressed to zip the file. Also I checked texgen and the lods look fine. Now to the issue.

Ran DynDolod everything is fine chose the Tamriel option ran it in 2k no other options selected and ran it in every output low med and high. After about 4 mins it will give me the real work starts now and open the (dos window) not sure that’s the right word for it but the black program window. It crashes immediately after the Dos window opens and it’s a hard crash restarting the pc.

Pc is 9900k 2080 graphics card and 32 gigs of 3600 ram only thing not stock is the xmp setting for the 3600 ram.

I have added the shortcuts and the -sse after the path in shortcut so both files run fine for sse.

Everything is current with the latest DynDolod and have the correct Skse64 version number. I’m stumped and help would be awesome I’ve tried all the settings in texgen from bc7 to bc1 and all the outputs from 512 to 2042 on both programs to no avail.

The output log on DynDolod is empty as well so I can’t find anything there. The DynDolod output has the correct folders but all the lods are empty if that helps. Doing this on iPad so no image at the moment will try and upload the dyndolod files tomorrow if needed.

5 answers to this question

If the OS crashes then there is a hardware or driver issue. Check overclocking settings, cooling, memory etc.

Before running DynDOLOD.exe, please make sure the CPU is properly cooled and in case it is overclocked, it is verified to be stable. Some routines make use of all cores at times and several LODGen.exe processes are started in parallel when generating for multiple worlds at once.

Edited by sheson

Ok little update no more hard restarts had to change a setting in windows.

Now to the issue still at and the program runs till others to the generate cell x cell x in cell x I looked through the Dyndolod IMO files and found a change 1 to 0 if this is happening option I changed the setting to 0 and reran and it still freezes at the same point of cell generation program freezes and then nothing I let it run for a hour restarted the pc and checked logs for Dyndolod and there was nothing.

Not sure what to do from this point all file paths are looking correct Skyrim se is installed in c: steam and not programs or programs x86. Dyndolod is installed in the c: mod tools so also not in and program folders.

The only mods are skse64 Dyndolod se resources papyrus utility’s and indistinguishable Lods. I’m using vortex to Handel the mods and vortex is installed in the same folder as Dyndolod so not on any program files or programx86 files the account is an admin so no permission issues. Any help you have is appreciated thanks

If the OS crashes then there is a hardware or driver issue. Check overclocking settings, cooling, memory etc.

Before running DynDOLOD.exe, please make sure the CPU is properly cooled and in case it is overclocked, it is verified to be stable. Some routines make use of all cores at times and several LODGen.exe processes are started in parallel when generating for multiple worlds at once.

Sorry if wasn’t specific it wasn’t a os crash it was a restart caused by a setting in windows that would restart the pc if a program froze everything. Pc is liquid cooled is not overclocked only ram is ran with xmp to get its settings and it has 1100 watt Vega power supply so not a power issue. as far as I can tell it’s a program issue either it’s conflicting with another program or something is preventing it from continuing running when it tries to generate the cells. I will try to get some logs tonight see what I can find and post it for you then.

Your post is not reporting anything specific. Reproduce the log, copy/paste or screenshot the messages. Say which setting/option you are changing.

Test with the x64 version or vice versa the x86 version.

If DynDOLOD seems to stop in the middle with no CPU usage it is typically because OS, UAC, antivir or another program blocking access to folders/files. Make sure page file settings in the OS are default.

Edited by sheson

Your post is not reporting anything specific. Reproduce the log, copy/paste or screenshot the messages. Say which setting/option you are changing.

Test with the x64 version or vice versa the x86 version.

If DynDOLOD seems to stop in the middle with no CPU usage it is typically because OS, UAC, antivir or another program blocking access to folders/files. Make sure page file settings in the OS are default.

Ok got a compleat run this time I added the program to windows firewall and it ran a compleat test pass on Tamriel with a 512 atlas and low settings. Sorry I couldn’t paste the logs but venting a little and your info about access blocking helped me think it through and check antivirus and windows firewall that lead to a fix so thanks a lot for helping. Feel free to defeat all this nonsense posts but I’m glad it’s working and thanks for the help again.