Open Cities withOUT Dynamic LODs?

LeanWolf

Question

Probably a stupid question but I can't find this anywhere:

How do I generate static object and tree LODs with Open Cities installed if I don't want dynamic LODs?

I know: no DynDOLODs? Blasphemy! Forgive me please! Can it be done, and if so, how? I'm on SE, if it makes a difference.

I tried running DynDO (unchecked DynDOLODs) before installing OCS but then some buildings inside cities are in their LOD form which is.. ugly but functional.

I guess the next thing to try would be to run it again with OCS installed and removing 'Open Cities Skyrim' from the WarnModFileName= list, would that do it?

I just thought I'd ask instead of wasting more time experimenting.

Thanks for an awesome tool! I've been using it pretty much since it came out, with never a problem.

4 answers to this question

Follow the steps for Open Cities in the manual for the two pass generation as usual. Do the first step as always with Open Cities in the load order.

In the second pass also uncheck "Generate DynDOLOD".

From the manual:

In case the optional dynamic object LOD for animated and quest enabled objects is not desired, its data generation for the DynDOLOD Mod can be turned off by unchecking 'Generate DynDOLOD' (remember to refresh the mesh rules by clicking the 'Low', 'Medium' or 'High' button).

Follow the steps for Open Cities in the manual for the two pass generation as usual. Do the first step as always with Open Cities in the load order.

In the second pass also uncheck "Generate DynDOLOD".

But the manual states:

The first step is to create the static object LOD and tree LOD without Open Cities Skyrim loaded.

Sorry but you contradicted yourself. Which is it, with or without OCS loaded for the first step?

Ops, sorry yes I did contradict the manual - as I keep saying ignore everything posting on the internet :)

So, do first step without Open Cities as always, e.g. no changes.

Second step with Open Cities, but also with "Generate DynDOLOD" unchecked.