Oldrim - Strange flickering water when it rains.

denba666

Question

Whats up guys!

I've already tried to find a solution to this problem but I had no success until now.

So I'm beginning to mod my Skyrim once again and I am having a strange issue as you can see on the following videos:

Another example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZrYKB9u3_8

As you can see the water ripples are very strange and the water is flickering.

Normally that problem is much more visible when it rains, but the water flickers at the horizon sometimes when the day is clear too, but that doen't bother me as much as that ugly effect on the videos.

This only happens if I install any mod that changes waterrainripples.dds and waterrainlut.dds.
Do you know any means to solve that issue?

I know one of the solutions would be to extract and delete or hide these files everytime another mod overwrites them, but then I would need to extract BSA files everytime, including Optimized Vanilla Textures and I would really like to install water and texture mods on my game without any worries.

- VSynch is activated, but that doesn't solve my problem.
- I've already tried to deactivate all the water session on the ini files.

- I've already tried to disable antialiasing.

I've already tried many tweaks and nothing solves that thing.

Oh, and before I forget. Today I could reach one of these bugs and I saw that this flickering occurs in a straight white flickering line and looks like the game can't load something from the textures on a determined distance.

After some time this section of the water was perfect and another session at the horizon was flickering.

When I got back to the shore, the same problem was ocurring again on the first area.

That's really strange.

I've already tried to find any help from many foruns but I've got nothing.
Would someone please help me? I am trying to solve that thing for 5 or 6 days.

Edited by denba666

3 answers to this question

GOD DAMN, this happened to me too. I tried remove mods one by one but nothing fixed but here is fix! go to your nivida control panel (probably same for amd) go 3d settings go global settings or just select tesv.exe in program settings, then check all settings and set possible ones to "application controlled" and fixed! thanks have a good day.