Question: Dyndolod Resources with SSELODGen

Mainframex

Question

So it appears I can not use Dyndolod with 3d Tree's,   which I kind of like.   But apparently it can break your game and cause a full reinstall for whatever reason.  Not entirely sure on the why there.   But no less.

My question is,   as far as I understand things,   the Dyndolod Resources is just adding more Lod's and updating meshes perhaps so that when you run Dyndolod is updates the Lod's and what have you?

So would it be safe to use Dyndolods resources but instead of running Dyndolod simply run the SSELODGen instead?

Edited by Mainframex

4 answers to this question

So it appears I can not use Dyndolod with 3d Tree's,   which I kind of like.   But apparently it can break your game and cause a full reinstall for whatever reason.  Not entirely sure on the why there.   But no less.

My question is,   as far as I understand things,   the Dyndolod Resources is just adding more Lod's and updating meshes perhaps so that when you run Dyndolod is updates the Lod's and what have you?

So would it be safe to use Dyndolods resources but instead of running Dyndolod simply run the SSELODGen instead?

DynDOLOD works perfectly fine with 3D Trees.

DynDOLOD never "breaks" a game. Reinstalling/verifying the game is only required when vanilla files were deleted or modified, which DynDOLOD does not do.

The LOD models included in DynDOLOD Resources can be used with xLODGen, however without the automatic rules and file name matching most of the them would not be used and the created object LOD will be incomplete and not improved. xLODGen is a tool to replace CK to create vanilla style LOD.

Edited by sheson

Mathy79 posted:

3D LODs via DynDoLOD
Not yet, do not attempt it, ignore any irresponsible 'guides' shared around that may instruct you to use the 3d trees meshes as LOD. This WILL turn your game to an unstable state and you will need a fresh installation eventually. Consider your self warned.

Full post here:    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12371/?tab=forum&topic_id=6998966

Not exactly sure why or how it would make the game unstable and require a fresh install.    I'm just going by what he has posted on his own forum.    Which is where the question all stemmed from.

Edited by Mainframex

Mathy79 posted:

3D LODs via DynDoLOD

Not yet, do not attempt it, ignore any irresponsible 'guides' shared around that may instruct you to use the 3d trees meshes as LOD. This WILL turn your game to an unstable state and you will need a fresh installation eventually. Consider your self warned.

Full post here:    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12371/?tab=forum&topic_id=6998966

Not exactly sure why or how it would make the game unstable and require a fresh install.    I'm just going by what he has posted on his own forum.    Which is where the question all stemmed from.

From what I understnad Mathy was referring to "his models". In other words, what he simply says is to do not attempt to run Skyrim 3D Trees with DynDOLOD to generate 3D Tree LOD. Not because DynDOLOD is a "bad thing"; on the contrary, it is because mathy has not created any optimized-hybrid tree meshes for this sort of generation. It was just a bad wording from his side.