Airship Dev Aveza LOD incompatibility with DynDOLOD

kojak747

Question

Hi Sheson, 

I managed to get the LOD working for the flyable model of the Dev Aveza airship. It all functions correctly, but there is an incompatibility with DynDOLOD. With the Airship mod included in a DynDOLOD run and DynDOLOD active, whilst in flight, the ship disappears and reappears every few seconds. It also affects the LOD and the only solution I have found is to exclude the Airship mod during the DynDOLOD process.  However, there is a lot of stockade and walkway meshes on the cliff facade belong to the airship mod, which looks great with DynDOLOD, so I'm wondering if you have any ideas how to keep those walkway meshes etc, whilst allowing the ship to function correctly.

As a temporary fix, I can include the rule DA_Skyship.esp=TamrielWorld in DynDOLOD_*_mod_world_ignore.txt

Here's a link to the file, if you get a chance to have a look that would be super helpful. > https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/93296

Cheers

Edited by kojak747

3 answers to this question

You can either just create reference rules for the two LOD versions or create mesh rules for two different ships nif to leave them untouched by DynDOLOD. You can ship the the rules with the mod in a DynDOLOD folder next to Meshes/Textures as explained in DynDOLOD_Mod_Authors.html

I suggest to never use the same file name for different assets in different folders. Bethesda does not do this. Each different assets should use a unique file name. One advantage is that it helps tremendously with compatibility between different mods.

You could also create a simplified LOD version it switches to. Then update the mesh rules to target the LOD NIFs.

The rules file name in the Skyrim/Data/DynDOLOD/ folder shipping with the mod should be DynDOLOD_TES5_da_skyshipesp.ini

Mesh rules so no reference using these models ever get any LOD by DynDOLOD

[Skyrim LODGen]
LODGen1=skyship_static.nif,,,,,Unchanged,0
LODGen2=skyship_stopped.nif,,,,,Unchanged,0
Reference rules to target the LOD references directly so they are not modified by DynDOLOD

[Skyrim LODGen]
LODGen1=da_skyship.esp;0005b12e,,,,,Unchanged,0
LODGen2=da_skyship.esp;0005b12f,,,,,Unchanged,0

I tested the various options extensively and found that the mesh rule/nif option worked best.

[Skyrim LODGen]
LODGen1=skyship_static.nif,,,,,Unchanged,0
LODGen2=skyship_stopped.nif,,,,,Unchanged,0

That allowed all the models to function correctly without issue. I included the rule in an ini file per your suggestion and included it with the mod folder in a folder called DynDOLOD at the texture/mesh folder level. I selected high rules during DynDOLOD generation, the rules were recognized and DynDOLOD completed without issue.  I have uploaded the rule to a separate file for the current release but will include it within the main mod folder for the next main release.

Thanks for your help, super helpful as always, appreciate it :) :)