Bashed Patch Deactivates ALL M.O. mods

GamerPoets

Question

I'm working on updating my very old Bashed Patch video to be a bit faster, easier to follow and generally more appealing to watch. With that said, when I created a bashed patch via Mod Organizer (Skyrim LE is all I've tried.. recently removed everything from my system to start over to see if I did something wrong but I thought I'd ask here as well) all mods in MO get deactivated once the patch is made. 

I tried remaking the patch a few times and every time I remake the patch Wrye Bash unchecks every plugin in the right pane (plugins column). Has anyone experienced this or know why this happens? This happened with MO 1.3.1.1 (as far as I know that's the stable/final version for 32bit games) and I used the latest version of Wrye Bash. Any assistance would be appreciated. I won't be able to test anything until I get all of my mods reinstalled again, mod manager, programs, games, so on....

4 answers to this question

I have experienced this myself in the past, and reinstalling (or well re-extracting really, cause we mostly use the standalone) had magically fixed it for me. I have a link to a post where DoubleYou gives an answer saying the same thing, but adds that bad plugins can be cause. Also says reverting to default settings can be a solution as well.

Hope this helps you, and look forward to viewing your new vids once completed!

Thank you Covert = )

I had searched the forums but I apparently wasn't looking for the right key words = ) I was hoping it would be a reinstall issue so that I don't have to mess with it lol.. though definitely something good to mention to people. Thank you for the link and info.

I just did a fresh install of Skyrim, MO and all Step Extended mods on a new HD last week, did the bashed patch and everything seems to be working fine for me.  This was only my second time installing the STEP mods, so I'm just an amatuer at this.

I did see a post somewhere about the Windows Fall Update that is supposed to fix the 4GB graphics card memory limit in DX9 games which is reportedly being released later this month.  However, if you participated in an older build of a Windows 10 Insider preview build of the Fall Update, there was apparently some bug with Skyrim and MO not loading mods which was supposedly fixed in the September 27, 2017, build 17004 for PC.  I just saw this on the Windows blog:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/09/27/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17004-pc-skip-ahead/#uDVg49jruK7PJ4ZH.97

If you don't want to follow the link, here is what it says re MO Skyrim Mods:

"We fixed an issue resulting in Mod Organizer no longer load mods into Skyrim in recent flights"

Not sure if this is applicable to the problem you mentioned in the OP, but thought I'd pass it along just in case.

Also, just wanted to say THANK YOU in a huge way for all your work that you share in your videos.  I couldn't have gotten this far in modding Skyrim without them.  

Thank you Covert = )

I had searched the forums but I apparently wasn't looking for the right key words = ) I was hoping it would be a reinstall issue so that I don't have to mess with it lol.. though definitely something good to mention to people. Thank you for the link and info.

No problem, glad I could help.

I just did a fresh install of Skyrim, MO and all Step Extended mods on a new HD last week, did the bashed patch and everything seems to be working fine for me.  This was only my second time installing the STEP mods, so I'm just an amatuer at this.

I did see a post somewhere about the Windows Fall Update that is supposed to fix the 4GB graphics card memory limit in DX9 games which is reportedly being released later this month.  However, if you participated in an older build of a Windows 10 Insider preview build of the Fall Update, there was apparently some bug with Skyrim and MO not loading mods which was supposedly fixed in the September 27, 2017, build 17004 for PC.  I just saw this on the Windows blog:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/09/27/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17004-pc-skip-ahead/#uDVg49jruK7PJ4ZH.97

If you don't want to follow the link, here is what it says re MO Skyrim Mods:

"We fixed an issue resulting in Mod Organizer no longer load mods into Skyrim in recent flights"

Not sure if this is applicable to the problem you mentioned in the OP, but thought I'd pass it along just in case.

Also, just wanted to say THANK YOU in a huge way for all your work that you share in your videos.  I couldn't have gotten this far in modding Skyrim without them.  

No, this wasn't his issue. What Microsoft is saying is that, there was a bug not allowing Mod Organizer to load any activated plugins into Skyrim. So basically, you were being forced to play vanilla Skyrim.

GamerPoets was describing a problem that can occur at times where after rebuilding the Bashed Patch, all plugins you had activated, are then deactivated. Which is annoying, because you have to reactivate them, which is simple enough. But then you have to figure out which plugins got merged into the bashed patch and leave them unchecked.