Question

Hey Guys,

I like to install Rigmor of Bruma with several patches:

Rigmor of Bruma

Rigmor of Bruma - German

Rigmor of Bruma - Beyond Skyrim Bruma Patch

Rigmor of Bruma - Beyond Skyrim Bruma Patch - German

T'Skyrim Riverwood - Rigmor of Bruma Patch

And every Patch has the same Name: Rigmor.esp!

How to deal with it? Are they somehow mergable?

I use latest MO2

Thanks for help!

Edited by Zapp1980

3 answers to this question

They're not actually patches, from what I can see, they are replacement plugins. This means you will install the main files from the English version and then replace the *.esp with that from the German equivalent.

e.g. Install the main file from the English Nexus page and then from the German page install the BS Bruma Patch file and replace the plugin. In MO you can either "Merge" when prompted if installing into a mod with the same name, or install it after the original in a mod named differently and when it is activated MO will replace the plugin with the later one.

On a side note sine these are all mods for the original Skyrim I'm assuming you are modding that game in which case you should really use MO 1.3.11 instead. More stable and less likely to bug out.

P.S. No idea about the T'Skyrim Riverwood mod, couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks for answering but you missed it a little bit. Surely, I can overwirte with the German patches, ok. But whats with the different funktionality of the patches, one is to connect Rigmor with Beyond Skyrim Bruma and one ist to connect rigmor with T'Skyrim, so whats written in the esp's schould differ aktually.

Btw, the mods are all "SSE"

I think about renaming the ESP of the T'Skyrim patch and then add "Rigmor.esp" as MAster with SSEdit, but I never did this before, not sure if that is the right way.

You need the original English mod to supply all the assets, textures, meshes, etc. but the plugin isn't used. You get the German version plugin for the game you have, either vanilla or with BS Bruma installed.

I don't know about the T'Skyrim plugin but if what you describe is true then yes, you'll need to do some xEdit trickery to make your own patch.

It won't be as simple as renaming and adding it as a master, you'll need to make sure other records are referenced correctly to avoid conflicts.