New Monitor, MO/MO2 are both having size issues

rayhne

Question

I just got a new monitor with a larger resolution and parts of it are way too small to read. Hopefully the image below will you give a better idea of what I mean. I can't adjust the left hand pane and popups come up very narrow.

IAONpGj.jpg

Edited by rayhne

4 answers to this question

What OS do you have (there is an easy way to improve it in Win 10)? The increase in resolution WILL make things appear smaller, ironically for most people.

Win 10. Also can you tell me what the base directory should be in settings? For some reason files are not saving in the correct overwrite files and things aren't updating like they should.

Edited by rayhne

Win 10. Also can you tell me what the base directory should be in settings? For some reason files are not saving in the correct overwrite files and things aren't updating like they should.

Not sure what you mean by the bolded phrase.

The rule of thumb in MO/MO2 is this: If the file exists in the VFS it is updated, if it is a new file it will go to 'Overwrite'.

It is best practice to keep 'Overwrite' clear by either creating a new mod from its contents or by dragging the contents into the correct mod.

The only time this rule changes is with an odd behaviour when using xEdit and cleaning/editing some plugins. This is believed to be related to drive speed and OS file permissions not releasing in time before the process has completed.