Quick Question on TexGen

calthrop

Question

I've looked around and haven't been able to find what I think I'm looking for.

I'm trying to use the TexGen functionality to get matching landscape LoDs for SE.  I understand the SE release of DynDOLOD is some time away, but from what I've read I should be able to jury rig something (maybe?) with just TexGen.  I'm only looking for the matching landscape LoD functionality, just to be clear.

If there is a good way to go about this, I'd sincerely appreciate any advice : )

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

4 answers to this question

Thanks for the quick response Sheson.  I had taken a lood at Oscape prior to the post but thought it was for heightmap meshes (obviously wrong based on your reply).

If I could trouble you, do you know of any guides/tutorials referring to what I'm trying to do?  Since I'm only aiming for a texture match, I haven't been able to find anything.  No worries if not, I sincerely appreciate your reply.

And by the way, thanks for the work you put in on the tools.  Many of us find them irreplaceable : )

Just writing back to thank you for your help. You've saved me quite a bit of trial and error. As much experience as I have in other areas, lod is not one.

Thanks again for taking the time to be a true asset to the community. If I can repay you somehow, please let me know. I'm fairly good with retextures (scratch or from a base, both diffuse and normals, and I do a very nice damascus steel in various patterns). I also have a bit of modelling, and of course general CK work. I'd be more than happy to pay it forward.

Best regards!

Calthrop

Edited by calthrop