Failed to spawn... Access is denied

RoboticPlayer

Question

I have no idea why, but any time I try to run a program through mod organizer, it gives me the error "failed to spawn '[program name]': failed to start process (Access is denied. [5])". I hadn't changed anything to my knowledge from the last time I ran it except for setting up a new monitor which wouldn't make sense to change it. I have tried moving mod organizer and all of the files that it tries to run out of my program files, and that didn't do anything. I am on an administrator account, and have tried running mod organizer as an administrator. It gives me the same error with SKSE, Skyrim, Skyrim Launcher, LOOT, Creation Kit, TES5Edit, WyreBash, and Patchus Maximus. I have tried searching for a response, but seen nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Do I need to have the arguments in there? The only thing that has arguments is Patchus Maximus. Also, what about the Overwrite Steam AppID? Creation Kit has something in that field.

Edit: I updated all of the Binaries and Start in lines, no changes.

Edited by RoboticPlayer

The --game parameter to LOOT is useful if you have multiple games (like Fallout: New Vegas and Skyrim) installed to tell it which game to use; otherwise, you shouldn't really need it. For your issue, have you tried temporarily disabling your antivirus to make sure it isn't getting in the way? It sounds as if it might be a permissions issue, but this (theoretically) shouldn't be case if you've mod the game and all the tools outside Program Files and Program Files (x86).

Post your logs here and let's see what is, or isn't being hooked. Best idea is to delete everything in the 'logs' folder first to remove anything not necessary for our examination.

Read the STEP Citizenship Guidelines found at the link at the bottom right of every page to see how to use spoiler tags. 

Could check in your 'Settings' -- 'General' -- Log Level = Debug

If it is set to anything else please change it to Debug and provide a new log. If it is already set at debug then something on your system is stopping MO from attaching the "hook" process and thus the error.

Some process is interfering with MO. Since it used to work for you there must have been an update or driver change that has affected this process. Whilst I agree with you that changing a monitor shouldn't make such a drastic difference, we are talking about Windows, so who knows?

Let's at least eliminate all our options on our end. Grab a new download from Nexus of MO and install it in a completely different location. Set it up as you would for which ever game, Skyrim, Fallout, whatever and check that it launches the default executables. Add in the SKSE and try with that. Repeat for the other tools. If it works for this new install we have established a working base to add the existing MO install onto it.