Something wrong with my trees

TheChemist

Question

Hello, in my current install I noticed some strange textures on certain trees. These are found outside helgen cave (near Riverwood).

Do you guys have any idea where this is coming from?

Edited by TheChemist

7 answers to this question

Use Mfg Console to figure out which two mods are providing the different textures, then either delete or disable whichever mod you don't want or just use MO to hide the texture you don't want to be used if you still want to use the rest of the mod.

I used described method to identify that SFO is the mod thats responsible for the bad texture (already thought that). I then reinstalled the mod, following the guide closely but the problem persists. I don't think I have any other mods altering the trees.

mfg console doesn't show textures btw ;) It only shows the last mod to edit the tree in the esp which almost never has the texture listed. If you want to actually find the texture for a given object, I wrote a brief tutorial on that here.

But yes, this is definitely an incompatibility between TreesHD and SFO tree meshes (just disabling SFO esp won't fix the issue).

If you want to use both, I strongly recommend using the Upgrade and Fix for TreesHD by Pfuscher. It fixes this bug and looks better in general as well.

Edited by Thallassa