Missing Hair and Cloak Textures

syw651

Question

Hi all,

I just finished setting up SR:LE and I'm pretty excited to get into the swing of things. It's my first time using a big overhaul like this and I'm really grateful to Neovalen for putting this all together. However, I think I may have missed some meshes/textures during the setup process. In particular, the hair and the cloaks look like they haven't been changed.

For the hair, I believe they are only changed by more realistic hair and superior lore friendly hair? My installed copy of Lore friendly hair only has 2 .dds files in it, which doesn't seem right. Also, between those two mods, I've only got texture files and no mesh files. I've tried re-downloading and installing both mods but it doesn't seem to change anything. Does anyone have any tips on what I am doing wrong?

For the cloaks, I suspect it is due to whichever mod that is re-texturing armours (aMidianBorn book of silence?) hasn't been correctly set up to do the same for the cloaks added by the two cloak mods. Did I miss installing a patch that connects the armour re-texture with the cloaks? I've scanned through the installed mods but I couldn't find anything along those lines anywhere.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2 answers to this question

have you installed KS Hairdos ? this adds a large number of hair types to the game

Superior Lore-Friendly Hair - HD textures has only 2 dds files it's ok

Edit: as for the cloaks. Have you removed the esps from Winter in coming and cloaks of skyrim? Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade removes the need for this ESP. And enable them in MCM for CCOR

also wet and cold has cloak retexture

Edited by paul666root

Thanks for the help! 

I did install KS Hairdos and I think that might have been my problem. There is a disparity between the ones KS provides compared to the vanilla ones even after re-texturing and I think that was why I felt like they hadn't been changed even though they had. 

With the cloaks, I reinstalled wet and cold and that seemed to have fixed it. I must have misclicked the HD fur cloak textures the first time through. Sorry for wasting your time on such a silly mistake, but I never would have guessed that the mistake was in wet and cold and not one of the armour re-textures.