Mod asking if objects in the inventory are "food, drink etc"

Isenhart

Question

Hi, I was wondering if i have installed everything in the right way. When I start playing I recieve a lot of in-game popup asking me if "Green Apple is... Food, drink, etc". Is it normal? What mod is causing this?
Thank you very much

6 answers to this question

This sounds familiar. I think you may have installed the whole package for EatingSleepingDrinking - KuNeruNomu rather than just the optional animation package.

I made the same mistake on my first time through the guide.

BTW I wish that author would split all his/her animations in to a separate mod. They are some of the best animations in Skyrim.

• +1 1

Combination of two mods, actually. The first is CACO, which changed a lot of the native 'ID's for food items. The second (and the one providing the message) is iNeed, which has a built in feature that handles food/drink items that are mod added (IE, it looks for non-native food/drink IDs) and asks what kind of food drink it is so that it knows if they are available for consumption through it's automatic food/drink selection process. It handles this on a per-character basis, so any new game will have you setting those items up again.

• +1 1

Combination of two mods, actually. The first is CACO, which changed a lot of the native 'ID's for food items. The second (and the one providing the message) is iNeed, which has a built in feature that handles food/drink items that are mod added (IE, it looks for non-native food/drink IDs) and asks what kind of food drink it is so that it knows if they are available for consumption through it's automatic food/drink selection process. It handles this on a per-character basis, so any new game will have you setting those items up again.

Thank you very much. Do you think is it normal that it asks me to set even the most basic vanilla thing, like "Green Apple"? 

Oh I've also noticed that I hear a lot of sound from the character stomach even if my character is completely sated (sounds settings are by default 0,5 - 0,5 - 0,5)

Edited by Isenhart

No, iNeed should recognize most items.  iNeed should definitely be recognizing all of the vanilla food items.  CACO should not be interfering with that function since it does not overwrite iNeed's formlists.   CACO adds its food via script to iNeed's lists, so if the script ran correctly, then most of CACO's foods should also automatically be recognized by iNeed.  If for some reason the script failed to run, I've added a MCM option to manually update the iNeed lists with CACO's food items (it's under either compatibility or troubleshooting).

Some of the items that CACO can use as food (e.g., wolf liver) are shown under ingredients. Does CACO add these to the iNeed food list? I get the iNeed message when the food item is an ingredient. I'm not using the EatingSleepingDrinking mod by the way.

I'm using CACO 1.2 and I don't see any option in the MCM under Compatibility to add CACO items to iNeed lists. Did I miss something in the installation?

Oops, it looks like I was wrong.  I guess I was thinking of the Update Potion Weights option.  I did add an extra check to the iNeed compatibility, but it runs automatically 60 seconds after the initial check.

CACO doesn't add ingredients to any of the iNeed food lists, though they should be in the "ignore" list, so iNeed shouldn't be asking about them.