Just finished SRLE install...crashing on startup

Gutmaw

Question

Heya, just finished my newest SRLE build and having crashing issue out of the gate.  Started new game using Alternate Start, configured all my MCM according to guide, then saved.  All working OK until I used the bed in the first room of Alternate Start, then CTD.  When I try to load this saved game it just crashes on loading.  I tried this 3 times choosing different alternate start scenarios and same thing every time.  Here's my papyrus logs...one that shows CTD during start of a new game, the other shows CTD when trying to load that same saved game...https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzMqSzmzLLXkaVZ3aGNSRFBtYVU&usp=sharing

I'm not great at troubleshooting from papyrus logs.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks!!

Edited by Gutmaw

9 answers to this question

Heya, just finished my newest SRLE build and having crashing issue out of the gate.  Started new game using Alternate Start, configured all my MCM according to guide, then saved.  All working OK until I used the bed in the first room of Alternate Start, then CTD.  When I try to load this saved game it just crashes on loading.  I tried this 3 times choosing different alternate start scenarios and same thing every time.  Here's my papyrus logs...one that shows CTD during start of a new game, the other shows CTD when trying to load that same saved game...https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzMqSzmzLLXkaVZ3aGNSRFBtYVU&usp=sharing

I'm not great at troubleshooting from papyrus logs.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks!!

First things first, forget the Papyrus log. It does not equal a crash log.

Second, look at this thread. It is likely your memory patch is not working when crashing at that particular point.

Thx for the quick response Neo.  Should have mentioned that I already did the memory Blocks thing.  Below is result, looks good...

logging of blocks enabled
logging max values only
Timer disabled
Block1 Block2
512MB 256MB
85 8
85 8
209 164
210 164

I have plenty of machine for SRLE (I7-2700K OC, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX 970).  

This is a 100% SRLE build...no additions or deletions yet.  I added my load order doc to the above Google folder.

Also, same CTD just happened on new start when I opened map...

Guidance on what you've seen to be the best next steps to  troubleshooting would be great. 

Thx!
Edited by Gutmaw

CTD on opening map may well suggest an issue with one of the Map mod installations. I'd be looking there first.

Thx for response Noz.  That would make sense as when I open my map in beginning scene my game crashes.   I reinstalled both Atlas map mods according to guide and tried again, same thing.  I disabled both map mods and tried again, this time woulnd't let me in game at all, and I see DYNDoLod has this as a master, so now I assume it's my DynDoLod that's messed up.  I'll try and rebuild it...

Update:  So I deactivated any trace of Map and DYNDoLod from load order, re-ran Loot and Bashed patch, then tried new game again.  Still CTD when I open map??  I'm stumped.  Could it be an MCM issue??  Or ENB issue?  What else would cause CTD when pulling up map?

I'm also reading that CTD on startup can have something to do with too many strings,  If I followed the guide exactly (as far as I know) is there some issue that could be increasing my strings to a point where I CTD?

Edited by Gutmaw

FIXED!!

Issues was I had the Vividian ENB files save wrong in ENB Manager.  All looks GREAT now!!  With ENB on getting 30-40 FPS outdoors and 40-50 FPS indoors.

Edited by Gutmaw