iRadialBlurLevel=1 causes CTD

DocHammoc

Question

Got about a third through install of SRLE and started getting CTD's imagine that.  I eventually narrowed down the problem to the ini setting

iRadialBlurLevel=1 in SkyrimPrefs

Googling this and reading on STEP I found this setting to be suspect.  Supposedly it belongs in skyrim.ini and/or anything but iRadialBlurLevel=0 causes CTD or something like that.

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/7990-skyrimprefs-ini-guide/

I for one use IniTweaks in mod organizer (which who knows .. could be buggy?).  If you use IniTweaks you do not specify which ini file .. it just injects the setting into the game like magic!

I tested taking out the IniTweak and putting iRadialBlurLevel=1 directly in SkyrimPrefs.  It did not crash.  Moving iRadialBlurLevel=1 to Skyrim.ini did cause a CTD.  iRadialBlurLevel=0 did not cause CTD.  The default iRadialBlurLevel=2 in Skyrim.ini did cuase a CTD .. where in SkyrimPrefs it does not.

This leads me to believe that it may really be doing nothing in SkyrimPrefs.  The IniTweak is the same as putting the setting in the proper file Skyrim.ini.  But iRadialBlurLevel=1 causes CTD in this file?!

Please someone with some knowledge of this respond. 

BTW:  My CTD is always in the same spot.  After starting a new game and after character is created you are led to the block.  After the dragon comes and saves you will be free to roam the CTD happens.  You can reproduce by "Continue" the game from main menu so you don't have to watch entire opening sequence (I have every frame memorized).

Edited by DocHammoc