Arrow Sponges

JUNKdeLUXE

Question

I'm doing a SRLE (minus frostfall, iNeed and Bathing in Skyrim) + Legacy of the Dragonborn playthrough and I'm not sure if I've done anything wrong in my install.

I started out playing on Expert difficulty and it was okay for 10 levels or so.. since I've reached lvl 15+ all enemies have HUGE amounts of HP. The first dragon required 40 mins of combat and LOTS of reloading. After this I set the difficulty down to Adept and it helped... a little. I remember from my earlier playthroughs as an asssassin/thief that a well placed sneak attack with a bow or dagger would 1 shot most (normal) enemies. But even with the settings on Adept, a single sneak attack with a bow takes away 10-30% of their health. I've had to use player.setav attackdamagemult 4 to even make sniper sneak attacks work...

Is this amount of HP what is to be expected from a normal SRLE install (and thus the sneaky assassin doesn't work) or is something wrong with my install?

3 answers to this question

Adept vs Expert just increases enemy HP basically.

Dragon health increase is entirely based upon deadly dragons attribute increase (expert level in MCM is 75% increase if I recall off hand)... if you want to lower their health just set that lower.

As for sneak attack archery, make sure you take the appropriate bow damage perks when you level up or the damage will drop off quickly in relation to their health (as you might expect). I've never noted anything overly out of the ordinary in this regard.