CTD entering Helgen Keep .. ENB only installed

DocHammoc

Question

I've had this trouble before and thought it was do to mods.  Then I thought I fixed it with ENB memory patch.  Now I "only" have enbseries 0.305 (wrapper version) installed (and SKSE and optimized/cleaned bethesda files) and ini settings.

I read somewhere that setting fixparallaxbug in enblocal.ini to false (if it's not there add it) may be a fix.  Others thought an older enb would be solution.  Or it may be enb did not get installed/configured right (memory patch enabled, etc).  I'll need to check that and do some experimenting. 

My specs:

Core I7 3.2 Ghz

Nvidia 680 2GB

3x30" monitors in surround (with lowered resolution of 4065x800)

6GB System RAM

Windows 7

I have a long way to go to get fully modded skyrim ...  this isn't a good omen.  Any thoughts, anyone?

5 answers to this question

Thanks for the replies..  But I solved the problem.    Feel kind of embarrassed but I was only running the wrapper version with no "preset" or fx files.  The guide says ENB won't be completed till Vividian ENB but I did not realize Game won't run with just the three files and config.  Coping the rest of of the files into Skyrim folder fixed the issue.

BTW, I'm not using the ENB Manager.  I've configured Mod Organizer to manage the skyrim folder for me including enb and everything else.  How?  I created a mo_skyrim folder in each mod folder that needs files in Skyrim folder.  I then wrote powershell scripts to copy files from mo_skyrim to skyrim which I call from Mod Organizer.  MO creates one virtual mo_folder for all mods under Data.  Before I remove any mod (or switch profiles) I "clean" the Skyrim folder by "removing" all files in Skyrim folder that have an existing file in mo_skyrim.  After changing mods I then run the copy script again.  I'm leaving out details but it works pretty well.  I wish it was built in to MO as it could be improved if I had some better hooks into it.

Using an ENB during the helgen intro is an awkward question to answer as for some it works fine but for others it crashes like a pig, the general idea of it though is that while ENB and SKSE are designed to increase performance the intro is scripted in such a way that anything that hooks into the game can and sometimes will cause issues.

Try what sm0kem said and run it without ENB or you could just install Live Another Life by Arthmoor and test to see if the ENB works in a proper game and not a scripted slideshow like the Helgen intro ::):