CTD about 5 minutes in

MintyFeet

Question

I've followed the guide to the letter twice now, and no matter what I do I always crash about 5-10 minutes into the game. I've got my SKSE set up through MO, as well as SSME just for good measure and the -forcesteamloader argument. The memory blocks log ends at 326-176, so I don't think it's that, and I've got no issues with mod order (or at least I don't think I do.) I've also picked several lower-than-recommended resolution choices for several mods in an attempt to see if that would solve it, but that hasn't worked. (I'm not sure if it's part of it, but I managed to get inside the Riverwood Trader and several shadows and textures were either black or flickering- before it crashed.)

What weirds me out is that the game runs buttery smooth right up until the crash happens. I've been at this for the better part of a day and I'm at at loss.

7 answers to this question

Check the amount of VRAM you have set in enblocal.ini for your setup.

I had similar crashes with both SKSE and ENB because of windows limitations.

Eventually I had to CUT and paste the SKSE/skse.ini folder and file into the skyrim data directory to make Skyrim actually use defaultheap properly (removing the skse.ini file from MO completely), as memoryblocks was showing incorrect values to what I had set (768mb set in skse.ini, memoryblocks was showing 512mb).

I also crashed when nearing the stupid win10 dx9 vram limit of 4064mb, I was stumped as to whether I should use the value directly given to me through the dx9 vram test, or remove 350mb first (Neovalens advice). So setting the VRAM to 350 lower and raising the ENB reservedmemorysize finally stopped my crashing.

ReservedMemorySizeMb=256
VideoMemorySizeMb=3714

You could also screenshot the MO window at the end of your load order, and get a log from the minute you crash (before reopening or running MO).

Edited by iKlutz