Cleaning Saves

Ellis

Question

Hey there,

I recently followed STEP for the first time and found it to be pretty awesome, but then I realised my save game had a lot of rubbish in from mods that I had installed before STEP. Since I wanted to choose some lower resolution textures anyway and remove a few mods, I reverted to vanilla Skyrim and tried doing the save game cleaning procedure. Everything seemed to go as it said, but my save still contains a lot of stuff from old mods.

For instance:

[11/29/2012 - 03:18:31PM] Cannot open store for class "ihudmagickabarscript", missing file?
[11/29/2012 - 03:18:31PM] warning: Unable to get type ihudmagickabarscript referenced by the save game. Objects of this type will not be loaded.
I've not experienced any oddities playing the save either with the STEP mods (only uninstalled them as there was a fair amount of stuttering) or with vanilla Skyrim, but it doesn't seem particularly great that my save contains all this left over stuff. Any ideas on how to get rid of it? Or should I just not worry about it and use the save anyway? I don't want to lose this character :(

Thanks

6 answers to this question

I hope it's not outdated any but you can try the savegame cleaning instructions on our Wiki here.

Oh, when I said that I did the "save game cleaning procedure" that's the one I meant, I should've been more specific :p

Whoops, my bad, reading intermittently at work >.<

Unfortunately I don't have any more advice, so unless someone else can chime in here I'd suggest you post on the mod's Nexus thread.

I hope it's not outdated any but you can try the savegame cleaning instructions on our Wiki here.

Oh, when I said that I did the "save game cleaning procedure" that's the one I meant, I should've been more specific :p

Unfortunately I don't have any more advice, so unless someone else can chime in here I'd suggest you post on the mod's Nexus thread.

No worries. Do you mean the STEP 'mod' on Nexus? I hadn't even thought of that, to be honest!

No worries. Do you mean the STEP 'mod' on Nexus? I hadn't even thought of that, to be honest!

No, you'll likely encounter the same people there as you would here :P  I meant iHUD's thread on the Nexus.

No, you'll likely encounter the same people there as you would here :P  I meant iHUD's thread on the Nexus.

Oh but that was just an example, when I last loaded the save after going through the process on the wiki, I got roughly 200 lines worth of errors and warnings relating to missing files and scripts and the like :(