MO Mysteriously Refuses to Download from or Log in to Nexus

Sarcasm

Question

I've been downloading from MO for days, but today MO has decided it no longer looks fondly upon the Nexus. It refuses to let me log in or download from the site anymore.

Here are two Logs of What Happens when I Try to Download. I've gone through the sticky about Google Chrome and done what it ordered, but there was no change in MO's attitude.

I do not understand what could have transpired overnight to cause this to happen. Last night, downloading fine. Today, cannot download. Cannot even log in. I'm not sure why it says "user is not premium" since it is a premium account.

How do I put a stop to this devilry?

• +1 2

14 answers to this question

I always download manually, but I have been unable to check for updates on any of my installed mods. I wonder if this has anything to do with Nexus adding a new game.

Edit: It is now working for me.

Edited by Sakr3d

Hey, rather than spam the forums with repetitive threads, I'm bumping this. It's not necro if it's 2 weeks right?!

Anyway, I just made the leap to MO -applause-...but it's not working.

I followed the S.T.E.P guide, making sure to click the BSA workaround thing for Skyrim. I input my credentials for Nexus etc and clicked the association button.

I am doing the in - app tutorial and it's at the stage 'You have to download and install one mod to proceed.' I've put my Nexus stuff in, I've clicked the button, I've done the Skyrim specific BSA thing, but when I go to the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary patch, and click Download with NMM, it does the usual donation spam, then nothing happens. Tested with SkyUI also. MO didn't log me into the Nexus site despite saving my credentials successfully.

No error, no message in MO. The bottom panel has no update since the mod was loaded etc. Nothing in downloads.

I don't have NMM physically on my PC, does that matter? I assumed MO would just use the links from Nexus without involving NMM at all.

What am I missing? Thanks for your time.

You don't need anything to do with NMM. Try logging into Nexus normally in a browser window, and click the associate button again in MO. Then just try to download a mod from the browser with the download with manager button.

It took a couple times for it to work with me. I did the same thing originally with the tutorial...I think the tutorial is lightly bugged.

Keep trying and it should work.

Hey, I've done it about 20 times now :(. Halfway through I closed MO to end the tutorial, reloaded it and its still not working :S. All buttons clicked again. Manually logged into Nexus on IE 11.

EDIT: It's not even logging me into Nexus.

EDIT 2: Doesn't work via Chrome either.

Edited by Bastet

You don't need anything to do with NMM.

Well I just read on another forum that you DO in fact need to have NMM at least installed, for MO to work. I installed NMM, closed and reopened MO and boom, it now works :P it also gave a permission box about opening Nexus links via MO, which I clicked accept for.

I don't get it at all, but then I'm not very good at this xD.

Just so I understand the tutorials etc., basically I,

* Download each mod using the (now working :P) link on Nexus,
* In the right panel, download tab, I double click each mod to install,

* Tick each mod in the left panel,
* Then from the drop down above that, select and run LOOT, sort the mods and then
* launch SKSE via the same drop down?

That's literally all I have to do, right, download, install, sort and go?

PS: I was even able to manually update the MO LOOT's version to the new loot32.dll file using the S.T.E.P guide :D.

Edited by Bastet

Well I just read on another forum that you DO in fact need to have NMM at least installed, for MO to work. I installed NMM, closed and reopened MO and boom, it now works :P it also gave a permission box about opening Nexus links via MO, which I clicked accept for.

Do you mind providing that link? Whoever suggested you need NMM to get Nexus links working needs to be set straight. Nexus forums were the ones that designed the 'nxm' protocol and it has nothing to do with NMM. Any program can open them as long as they know what to do with them.

It was just a random users comments on the MO forums on the mod page within Nexus.

'Any program can open them as long as they know what to do with them.' - I assumed, with my limited knowledge, that that might be the case. Alas, it didn't work though until NMM was installed.

I have to say though, it worked. I tried 30+ times with MO and no NMM installation and it absolutely would not work. As soon as I installed NMM (though I didn't even launch it), it worked.

It would imply some sort of bug perhaps?

On a side note, MO still will not log me into Nexus :(...but that's not a major issue.

EDIT: At least I think it was the mods specific forums :S let me look.

EDIT2: Yeah it was, but don't go bashing him please, his idea is the only thing that worked and I 100% followed the S.T.E.P guide without digressing. I'm not bashing the S.T.E.P guide btw, just saying that MO absolutely refused to download mods via the Nexus links, until NMM was physically on my hard drive.

Edited by Bastet

Ok, so why did MO not recognise or download any supported mods using the globe icon direct link and having configured MO to the exact specifications of the S.T.E.P guide, having tried 30+ times, but the second NMM is installed, it works?

I'm not being sarcy I'm genuinely asking.

I am not techy at all (but I can follow instructions such as the install guides) but what you said is what I thought it might be. Without installing NMM, Windows didn't know what the Nexus file types were and perhaps didn't add the right details, so MO in turn could not pick up the link? I don't know. In that case then, wouldn't NMM be essential, in order to teach Windows about this correlation? It seems that by installing NMM, it installed something that said 'OI, HELLO, WINDOWS, TELL MO THAT THIS LINK HERE IS FOR HIM.' Without NMM, how would I get the protocols to work? I have no idea.

I appreciate your assurance, but the fact is MO did not work until I installed NMM :P. I lie not, I did not change a single setting after the last few failed attempts to download something via MO and prior to installing NMM.

EDIT: Could it be (I can't check now without uninstalling and reinstalling) that MO had an outdated NMM version listed in the work around thingy, and that when I installed NMM, MO scanned it, saw it was a newer version, and updated the settings?

Edited by Bastet

The handling of 'nxm' links must first be initialised by your browser, which is why the instructions advise to click the "browse Nexus" button. If your browser refused to handle those protocols then it isn't an MO issue. MO is only being called by your browser to handle them. If you had previously used NMM the browser would be first sending them to that application, if nothing at first was set, upon the first instance one of those links was clicked, the browser should provide a response asking what you want to do with them.

To set your mind at ease, there is no relation to 'nxm' links and anything in the MO code, other than MO being used as the application that handles them. Your browser is the thing that makes that call, if it doesn't provide feedback on what to do then you will need to check your browser settings.

This is now a moot point since you now are able to handle those links.