Cant Open Loot

neal0790

Question

I cant for the life of me get loot to open in a new window. If i click the exe in the folder nothing happens, if i try to open it in mod organizer nothing happens. Tried running it as an admin and that didnt work either. Ive also tried installing it into about 3 different places and its still not working. Adding the "--single-process" line to the augment field does nothing either. Im out of ideas on how to get this work. I can sort my plugins in mod organizer but i just cant open up loot to change any rules.

2 answers to this question

Click Modify Executables and make sure Binary points to Loot.exe (e.g. C:\Games\Loot\Loot.exe), Start In is the correct folder for Loot (e.g. C:\Games\Loot), and Arguments has --single-process. I had to add the --single-process argument to see the Loot screen; otherwise, it just popped with an all white screen.

To run Loot, change the combo next to Run to Loot and then click Run. The Sort button uses the Loot API so you won't see anything other than possibly the mods in the right pane changing order.

The switch "--single-process" is only necessary if you run it from MO, as you are having issues getting the tool to run at all, perhaps you could verify you have installed the correct LOOT.

On the LOOT download page there six downloads available.

If you want the FULL LOOT you must choose either the LOOT.Installer.exe or the LOOT.v0.8.1.7z. The first listed download is just the API to update the "Sort" function inside MO and the last three are for those that want to tinker with the code.

For the sake of ease I suggest you choose the installer version and install LOOT into a folder away from any Windows control, such as @Greg has in his examples.

Once installed simply run the executable as you have been doing, or trying to do. If this does not produce any result then I suggest you ask for help at the LOOT site as something more drastic will be at play other than an error in installation.