ASIS - No Name/No Dialog glitch - Need help

gtoeroe

Question

Hi!

Since yesterday evening I started two new games with the SRLE. The first one I started in The Giant Inn the second in Solitude. I noticed that in the first one I couldn't speak to Delphine. Not even her name was shown up when I was standing close enough to her. The same I observed with Angeline from Angeline Aromatics (plus a lot other NPCs). In both cases I observed missing FULL NAME and NAME entry in ASIS.esp. Overriding them in TES5Edit with the corresponding records from update.esm let them again behave normally as expected in game.

Because there are a lot NPC records in ASIS I wonder how I can avoid to have to manually do the same with them?

gtoeroe

1 answer to this question

Hi!

Since yesterday evening I started two new games with the SRLE. The first one I started in The Giant Inn the second in Solitude. I noticed that in the first one I couldn't speak to Delphine. Not even her name was shown up when I was standing close enough to her. The same I observed with Angeline from Angeline Aromatics (plus a lot other NPCs). In both cases I observed missing FULL NAME and NAME entry in ASIS.esp. Overriding them in TES5Edit with the corresponding records from update.esm let them again behave normally as expected in game.

Because there are a lot NPC records in ASIS I wonder how I can avoid to have to manually do the same with them?

gtoeroe

Ha!

I rembered what Neovalen to a same post said: Localization problem. So I went to ASIS  mod folder and discovered an ini file. In within you can set the language: Englsish was set and I changed it to "German" and run SUM patcher again. Result: I can speak to all NPCs which previously made problems.

So it could be a good advice to use the correct language in ASIS ini file.

gtoeroe

Edited by gtoeroe