Have You Seen This Texture? (Texture T/S)

Shadriss

Question

For reference, here.

Pretty nice water. Odd blue wet rocks. Wha?

I imagine it's being provided by another mod, and not from RWT2, but without a name for the texture I have no real way to hunt it down specifically and either disable it in the providing mod, or ensure proper overwrites via MO. So, texture artists... if you happen to know the name of the texture that is providing that look, I'd appreciate it. I'm looking at YOU, Sparrowprince... I know you have worked extensively with WATER before. :)

3 answers to this question

Your rock texture normal map doesn't have enough transparency to diffuse the fake environmental reflection. The texture is a rough sky reflection so that's why It's blue.

Edit: Could you try the rocks I just uploaded on my mod? They work perfectly for me with some weird nuclear ENB, so testing those should determine if it's possibly ENB exacerbation at play too.

Edited by Guest

Huh. Figured it would be a specular, not a normal, but what you say makes sense. I assume you mean through Ruffled Feather - that being the case, which portions should I be using? I currently use it under the STEP lineup. For all I know, what you want me to do would be done automatically during an update for me. On a side note, any idea what the name of that texture is so I can hunt it down in my load order? (in the background, Daleks start chanting: EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!)

WHAT IS HAPPENING? EXPLAIN!

Well it's the one with "rocks" in its name in my mod. You can try any other rock mod, but I at least can rule out any issues with mine.

What texture? Well rocks are easy if you look at my directory, but the reflection is under "textures/cubemaps". I am not sure what isoku renamed my effect to, but he cheekily renamed a few of my effects that had "sp" in their names for some reason. My name was truly exterminated from that mod I guess.

Edited by Guest