Merging Mods and load order

Scythiss

Question

I read the faq page on the merge script nexus link, and even watched a tut vid on it and I understand how to merge but Im a little confused on load order.  How do I maintain good load order while merging mods?  Im finally at that point where im at 255 mods and it's time to start merging.  Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Edited by Scythiss

4 answers to this question

Give some time for someone knowledgeable in merging scripts to come by. This is a long weekend in the states so some folks may be out.

My naive response is to run Loot to make sure you have a good load order, but I think there's more to it than this because I seem to remember the mods you intend to merge should be sorted together. This is not my area of expertise, so wait until someone that knows how to merge properly respond.

Give some time for someone knowledgeable in merging scripts to come by. This is a long weekend in the states so some folks may be out.

My naive response is to run Loot to make sure you have a good load order, but I think there's more to it than this because I seem to remember the mods you intend to merge should be sorted together. This is not my area of expertise, so wait until someone that knows how to merge properly respond.

Haha for sure, I Just remember reading loot doesn't sort merged plugins for load order so im kinda confused how how to maintain a good load order.  Also my bad lol I'm just impatient as I start my new job on Thursday so I wont have as much time to keep modding my game, and testing for trials and error.  Been modding my game for about 3 weeks so far, and everything is pretty stable.  Also my second 980 comes in on wednesday so I want to try to get my game somewhat ready before then.