can i transfer MO settings and installd mods to new skyrim?

domjam

Question

hey all  im in a rush and hoping somone can give me a quick answer. i had MO installd along with my skyrim and hole mod installation that workd fine but i had crazy lag and stutter due to 4k textures so i thought it might be cuz it was not on my SSD..so originly i tryd to just copy the hole folder to my SSD. but steam would not let me so i ended up reinstalling skyrim all over again and then getting the priveous skyrim folder with all the mods and MO and overrighting it in the new installation..but the settings dont seem to of transferd over. i reaplyd the directorys for all the basics. sks,Loot,tes5edit,finis.skyrimproc patcher..but none of them work anymore..i havent tryd to load skyrim yet beaucse of this... how can i get it to function. everything is still intact its just been moved to a diffrnet directory.

4 answers to this question

Open MO and check in 'Settings' that all the paths to your 'mods', 'downloads' etc. are pointing to the correct locations.

iv done that but when i try to run any of the so calld installd programs they say no game is installed..yet it is..i dunno what to do :S

So you are saying the actual game can't run? Have you actually run it at least once from the desktop first?

The registry settings will need to be set and the default set of INIs need to be generated before MO, or any tool, will recognise it.

no the game will run. but stuff like tesvedit and loot will not detect the game.   the only thing that seems to function in the programs within MO is SKSE and FNIS.. but not the others. i think im going to start from scratch again :S