Bathing in Skyrim - MCM Menu Issue

AiKiXeN

Question

Just finished up my SR:LE install, and man does it look incredible! This is my second time doing a full SR:LE install/mod. My first experience was around the same time last year, but I can tell a lot has changed and it should be some fun times.

I'm having an issue with the Bathing in Skyrim menu in MCM that I'm not having with any of the other mods menus.

post-4838-0-48382700-1440363615_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure if it's a problem with the interface\translations\Bathing in Skyrim - Main_ENGLISH.txt file itself, or how MCM is interpreting it?

I've run through the Bathing in Skyrim install and merge steps a few times, but still get the same results.

Any idea how to fix this?

9 answers to this question

Make sure Bathing in Skyrim - Main_ENGLISH.txt look like this (copy-paste) :

[spoiler=Bathing in Skyrim - Main_ENGLISH.txt]$BIS_L_ENABLED Enabled
$BIS_L_ENABLED_DIALOG_TOPIC Add Dialog to NPCs

$BIS_PAGE_SETTINGS Settings
$BIS_PAGE_ANIMATIONS Player Animations
$BIS_PAGE_ANIMATIONS_FOLLOWERS NPC Animations
$BIS_PAGE_TRACKED_ACTORS Tracked NPCs

$BIS_L_BATHING_ANIM_STYLE Bathing
$BIS_L_SHOWERING_ANIM_STYLE Showering

$BIS_L_BATHING_ANIM_STYLE_NONE None
$BIS_L_BATHING_ANIM_STYLE_DEFAULT Default
$BIS_L_BATHING_ANIM_STYLE_CUSTOM1 1 - Bend Over (FNIS)
$BIS_L_BATHING_ANIM_STYLE_CUSTOM2 2 - Stand* (FNIS)
$BIS_L_BATHING_ANIM_STYLE_CUSTOM3 3 - Mixed* (FNIS)

$BIS_L_SHOWERING_ANIM_STYLE_NONE None
$BIS_L_SHOWERING_ANIM_STYLE_DEFAULT Default
$BIS_L_SHOWERING_ANIM_STYLE_CUSTOM1 1 - Stand* (FNIS)

$BIS_L_SOAP_STYLE Soap Effect
$BIS_L_SOAP_STYLE_NONE None
$BIS_L_SOAP_STYLE_STATIC Static
$BIS_L_SOAP_STYLE_ANIMATED Animated

$BIS_HEADER_GENERAL General
$BIS_HEADER_HOTKEYS Hotkeys
$BIS_HEADER_SAVELOAD Save and Load
$BIS_HEADER_DIRT_RATE Dirtiness Per Hour
$BIS_HEADER_DIRT_THRESHOLDS Dirtiness Thresholds

$BIS_HEADER_ANIM_STYLE Animation Styles for Player
$BIS_HEADER_ANIM_STYLE_FOLLOWERS Animation Styles for NPCs
$BIS_HEADER_ANIM_LOOP Repeat Animation

$BIS_HEADER_TRACKED_ACTORS NPCs Being Tracked

$BIS_L_SAVE Save
$BIS_L_LOAD Load

$BIS_L_SAVE_SETTINGS Save Settings
$BIS_L_LOAD_SETTINGS Load Settings

$BIS_L_STATUS_HOTKEY Check Status
$BIS_L_BATHE_HOTKEY Bathe
$BIS_L_SHOWER_HOTKEY Shower

$BIS_L_UPDATE_INTERVAL Update Interval
$BIS_L_WATER_RESTRICT Bathing Requires Water

$BIS_L_IN_SETTLEMENTS While in Settlements
$BIS_L_IN_DUNGEONS While in Dungeons
$BIS_L_IN_WILDERNESS While in the Wilderness

$BIS_L_GET_NOT_DIRTY Become 'Not Dirty' at
$BIS_L_GET_DIRTY Become 'Dirty' at
$BIS_L_GET_FILTHY Become 'Filthy' at

$BIS_L_ANIM_LOOP_CLEAN Loops when 'Clean'
$BIS_L_ANIM_LOOP_NOT_DIRTY Loops when 'Not Dirty'
$BIS_L_ANIM_LOOP_DIRTY Loops when 'Dirty'
$BIS_L_ANIM_LOOP_FILTHY Loops when 'Filthy'

$BIS_HEADER_GET_DRESSED Get Dressed After Bathing
$BIS_HEADER_GET_NAKED_BASIC Undress Before Bathing - Standard
$BIS_HEADER_GET_NAKED_EXTENDED Undress Before Bathing - Extended

$BIS_L_SLOT_30 30 - Head
$BIS_L_SLOT_31 31 - Hair
$BIS_L_SLOT_32 32 - Body
$BIS_L_SLOT_33 33 - Hands
$BIS_L_SLOT_34 34 - Forearms
$BIS_L_SLOT_35 35 - Amulet
$BIS_L_SLOT_36 36 - Ring
$BIS_L_SLOT_37 37 - Feet
$BIS_L_SLOT_38 38 - Calves
$BIS_L_SLOT_39 39 - Shield
$BIS_L_SLOT_40 40 - Tail
$BIS_L_SLOT_41 41 - Long Hair
$BIS_L_SLOT_42 42 - Circlet
$BIS_L_SLOT_43 43 - Ears
$BIS_L_SLOT_44 44 - Face A
$BIS_L_SLOT_45 45 - Neck
$BIS_L_SLOT_46 46 - Chest A
$BIS_L_SLOT_47 47 - Back
$BIS_L_SLOT_48 48 - Tail
$BIS_L_SLOT_49 49 - Pelvis A
$BIS_L_SLOT_50 50 - Decapitated Head
$BIS_L_SLOT_51 51 - Decapitate
$BIS_L_SLOT_52 52 - Pelvis B
$BIS_L_SLOT_53 53 - Right Leg
$BIS_L_SLOT_54 54 - Left Leg
$BIS_L_SLOT_55 55 - Face B
$BIS_L_SLOT_56 56 - Chest B
$BIS_L_SLOT_57 57 - Shoulder
$BIS_L_SLOT_58 58 - Left Arm
$BIS_L_SLOT_59 59 - Right Arm
$BIS_L_SLOT_60 60 - Misc FX
$BIS_L_SLOT_61 61 - FX01

$BIS_DESC_SAVE_SETTINGS Save settings that can be loaded later.
$BIS_DESC_LOAD_SETTINGS Load settings that were previously saved.

$BIS_DESC_BATHING_ANIM_STYLE Set the animation that plays when bathing.\nCustom animations requires FNIS.\nAnimations with * require additional mods. See Read Me.txt for details.
$BIS_DESC_SHOWERING_ANIM_STYLE Set the animation that plays when showering.\nCustom animations requires FNIS.\nAnimations with * require additional mods. See Read Me.txt for details.

$BIS_DESC_SOAP_STYLE Set the soap effect used during bathing.\nDefault: Static

$BIS_DESC_ANIM_LOOP_TIER0 Set the number of times the bathing animation will repeat when you bathe while 'Clean'.\nDefault: 1
$BIS_DESC_ANIM_LOOP_TIER1 Set the number of times the bathing animation will repeat when you bathe while 'Not Dirty'.\nDefault: 1
$BIS_DESC_ANIM_LOOP_TIER2 Set the number of times the bathing animation will repeat when you bathe while 'Dirty'.\nDefault: 1
$BIS_DESC_ANIM_LOOP_TIER3 Set the number of times the bathing animation will repeat when you bathe while 'Filthy'.\nDefault: 1

$BIS_DESC_GET_DRESSED Select this option to automatically get dressed after bathing.\nDefault: True
$BIS_DESC_GET_NAKED Select this option to undress from this slot before bathing.

$BIS_DESC_ENABLE_MOD Select this option to enable Bathing in Skyrim.\nDefault: True
$BIS_DESC_ENABLE_DIALOG_TOPIC Select this option to add the 'About Bathing...' dialog topic to NPCs.\nDefault: True

$BIS_DESC_STATUS_HOTKEY Set a hotkey that will report how dirty your character currently feels.
$BIS_DESC_BATHE_HOTKEY Set a hotkey that will start bathing your character.
$BIS_DESC_SHOWER_HOTKEY Set a hotkey that will start showering your character.

$BIS_DESC_UPDATE_INTERVAL Set how often the script updates in game-hours.\nLower values track dirt more accurately, but may be more taxing on your system.\nDefault: Every 1 hour.
$BIS_DESC_WATER_RESTRICT Select this option to restrict bathing to bodies of water and showering to waterfalls.\nWhen disabled, you can bathe and shower anywhere.\nDefault: True

$BIS_DESC_RATE_IN_SETTLEMENT Set how dirty your character becomes after 1 passing game hour while in a settlement.\nSettlements are places like cities, towns and camps.\nDefault: 1.0%
$BIS_DESC_RATE_IN_DUNGEON Set how dirty your character becomes after 1 passing game hour while in a dungeon.\nDungeons are places like crypts, ruins and caves.\nDefault: 2.5%
$BIS_DESC_RATE_IN_WILDERNESS Set how dirty your character becomes after 1 passing game hour while in the wilderness.\nDefault: 1.5%

$BIS_DESC_THRESHOLD_1 Set how dirty your character must be in order to go from feeling 'Clean' to feeling 'Not Dirty'\nDefault: 20%
$BIS_DESC_THRESHOLD_2 Set how dirty your character must be in order to go from feeling 'Not Dirty' to feeling 'Dirty'\nDefault: 60%
$BIS_DESC_THRESHOLD_3 Set how dirty your character must be in order to go from feeling 'Dirty' to feeling 'Filthy'\nDefault: 98%

$BIS_DESC_STOP_TRACKING_ACTOR Select this option to stop tracking this NPC's dirtiness.

$BIS_MSG_ASK_SAVE Warning:\nSaving will overwrite any previously saved settings.
$BIS_MSG_ASK_LOAD Warning:\nLoading will overwrite your current settings.
$BIS_MSG_ASK_STOP_TRACK Stop tracking this NPC's dirtiness?
$BIS_MSG_ASK_DISABLE Warning:\nDisabling Bathing in Skyrim will stop tracking all NPC's dirtiness.

$BIS_MSG_COMPLETED_SAVE Saving complete!
$BIS_MSG_COMPLETED_LOAD Loading complete!

$BIS_ERROR_NO_FISS Disabled: FISS is not installed.

If that doesn't fix it, it means that this file isn't "seen" by the game :/

Edited by Kesta

I should have answered before now, but life got in the way...and then I forgot I even had this issue until earlier today. Hey that rhymed. Anyway, I have figured out the issue.

Yes, my Bathing in Skyrim - Main_ENGLISH.txt file contents looked the same. I even copied yours and saved, but no luck. The file was definitely seen, because I could change a default setting in the file and have it show up in the menu, albeit while still displaying the "coded" look.

I had problems with that first SR:LE mod install after getting to Riverwood and adventuring to Bleak Falls Barrow and then down to Whiterun. I was getting CTDs every time I loaded a game save. I couldn't figure out the cause, but admit I didn't spend a lot of time on trying to figure it out. I chalked it up to my modding skills being rusty and decided to start over and pay closer attention to each mod step. I think a crucial mistake I made was how I installed a mods "optional" files downloads into their own separately named mod folder which immediately followed after the main mod's folder...as opposed to "merging" into the main folder. Maybe that was an issue, maybe not, but in retro I know it just created a bunch of unnecessary files that would just get overwritten anyway.

So, after installing SR:LE for the second time, I was jarred back to this same issue with Bathing in Skyrim's MCM menu not displaying properly. I was still getting the $BIS code text and couldn't find anything related from my Google searching.

Here is what fixed it for me. I reinstalled Bathing in Skyrim, and chose not to merge the three .esp files...

Bathing in Skyrim - Main.esp
Bathing in Skyrim - Followers Only.esp
Bathing in Skyrim - Realistic Room Rental.esp

into...

Bathing in Skyrim - Merged.esp

I left all three in the load order and ran all the followup LOOT, FNIS, Bashed Patch, SUM steps (due to load order changes).

Voila! Loaded up my post Helgen Cave exit save game (not using Alternate Start on this mod install), and now the menu is displaying properly in MCM.

I'm not sure what it is about my Bathing in Skyrim - Merged.esp that is mucking things up? Clearly many, many other modders have followed the same steps and have no issues with Bathing in Skyrim. I also don't seem to have any issues with other merged .esp files...to my knowledge.

I also tried changing the name of the merged .esp back to "Bathing in Skyrim - Main.esp" ...in case some other mod was looking for it, but no dice.

All I know is, I fixed my issue and the game looks amazing. I have still only made it down to Riverwood, but already the performance is better than the first go-round. Time will tell.

I did have one other issue that took me roughly 3 - 4 hours of troubleshooting to figure out. I will make a new forum post for that issue in the next day or two...maybe it helps someone at some point.

Thank you, Kesta!

I suspect it's looking for a file with the same name as the plugin, so if you merged these three into Bathing in Skyrim - Merged.esp the strings file should probably be named Bathing in Skyrim - Merged_Englished.txt to match to plugin name.

This. The merge script should take care of this.

I suspect it's looking for a file with the same name as the plugin, so if you merged these three into Bathing in Skyrim - Merged.esp the strings file should probably be named Bathing in Skyrim - Merged_Englished.txt to match to plugin name.

This makes the most sense. It didn't even cross my mind. Thanks!

This. The merge script should take care of this.

After the files were finished merging, the interface\translations file was still named "Bathing in Skyrim - Main_ENGLISH.txt", so I would have had to rename it manually. I'm going to try merging the files again right now and see what I end up with.

Thank you for all of the time and work you put into SR:LE for all of us!

This makes the most sense. It didn't even cross my mind. Thanks!

After the files were finished merging, the interface\translations file was still named "Bathing in Skyrim - Main_ENGLISH.txt", so I would have had to rename it manually. I'm going to try merging the files again right now and see what I end up with.

Thank you for all of the time and work you put into SR:LE for all of us!

It it doesn't properly rename, you might have an out of date script installed. If so, do a clean install of the latest TES5Edit and merge scripts.

It it doesn't properly rename, you might have an out of date script installed. If so, do a clean install of the latest TES5Edit and merge scripts.

I downloaded the script files again and overwrote the ones I had. Same versions, sizes, etc....but all of the files merged properly this time and I ended up with "Bathing in Skyrim - Merged_english.txt" when it finished.

I fired up Skyrim and my save game and the Bathing in Skyrim MCM menu displays properly using the merged .esp.

Problem solved!

Edited by AiKiXeN