Bring Out Your Dead causing Skyrim main menu to not load properly

RightTime

Question

Hello, I followed the STEP Extended and it didn't work. As in the Skyrim emblem pops up(not rotating), there is NO smoke, and none of the options appear(new game, load, etc). I finally found the issue. If I run the game without Bring Out Your Dead and the STEP Extended Patch then it works. I can't test to see if I can run it without BOYD but with the Extended Patch since the Patch requires BOYD esp. I have Consistent Older People 30 All NPCs BOYD Compatible and I'm using LOOT. What can I do to solve this? 

6 answers to this question

Damn. Okay.

1. Can you start a vanilla game from the corresponding MO profile without trouble?

2. Please, check once again that SKSE is installed properly (even veteran modders have misplaced the SKSE.ini on occasion).

3. Could you post your LO? There might be a problem that you just don't see, because you have looked at it too often.

3. Did you disable all the automatic save options?

4. Did you install higher resolution textures than STEP recommends - for that matter, what graphics card do you use?

5. Delete the old inis, copy the vanilla ones into the MO-profile you created for STEP and make the suggested changes.

6. Of course, you can always play without the mod, but IIRC it's part of the STEP patch, so I'd adapt the patch with TES5Edit to delete the culprit from its contents. Then you can use the patch without BOYD.

7. If you want to use BOYD, you could also try to reduce the load on your system by unchecking some of the texture mods.

6. Of course, you can always play without the mod, but IIRC it's part of the STEP patch, so I'd adapt the patch with TES5Edit to delete the culprit from its contents. Then you can use the patch without BOYD.

I didn't really know what that meant so I looked around and tried to figure out how to do that. In the process of that I found this video 

. Now I'm not sure if following that is going to make my game unstable, but the game does boot now and seems to run normally.