Loot version 0.7.0 on Mod Organizer version 1.3.6

idl1287

Question

Every time I try to load LOOT from MO it hangs up on a white screen. Any suggestions?

Okay so got it to show up in MO using --single-process in Arguments but it doesn't show the mods that I have installed.

"LOOT's window is blank when I'm starting it through Mod Organizer. What's up?

Mod Organizer 1.2.10 has a bug preventing LOOT 0.7.0 from working properly. This has been fixed in Mod Organizer 1.2.11, and later versions.

There is also another issue that occasionally causes LOOT's window to be blank when started through Mod Organiser: this can be avoided by adding the --single-process argument to Mod Organiser's LOOT launching settings, though doing so also reduces the quality of text displayed in LOOT."

post-6412-0-18741200-1433117544_thumb.jpg

Edited by idl1287

10 answers to this question

Then the issue isn't with MO not supplying LOOT with the correct details, it is a case of a broken LOOT install.

Running LOOT by itself will show the 'vanilla' plugins regardless of which manager you use to manage mods. Since this isn't happening we must conclude LOOT isn't set up correctly.

Remove the LOOT folder from it's installation folder, or if you used the installer version, run the Uninstall routine.

Ensure the settings in you 'Local user AppData' folder is cleared.

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\LOOT\Skyrim 

This shouldn't strictly be necessary but just in case there are leftovers from previous installs that might be messing with LOOT.

I usually set this in the 'Arguments' field so that regardless of which game LOOT may have previously worked on, assuming you use it for more than just Skyrim, it always opens in MO set to work on the correct game.

--game=Skyrim

But, regardless of that setting, do you see that issue only after MO was started from initiating a download from Nexus with the 'Download with Manager' button? Starting MO from the desktop usually avoids that problem.

Then the issue isn't with MO not supplying LOOT with the correct details, it is a case of a broken LOOT install.

Running LOOT by itself will show the 'vanilla' plugins regardless of which manager you use to manage mods. Since this isn't happening we must conclude LOOT isn't set up correctly.

Remove the LOOT folder from it's installation folder, or if you used the installer version, run the Uninstall routine.

Ensure the settings in you 'Local user AppData' folder is cleared.

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\LOOT\Skyrim 

This shouldn't strictly be necessary but just in case there are leftovers from previous installs that might be messing with LOOT.

Sounds good I will let you know when I have done a fresh install. I am okay with version 0.7.0 for LOOT correct?